Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Buckle Boutique Bling Challenge

Hi Everybody,
In a previous blog post I told you that I receive an envelope each month containing things to make a card.  It doesn't matter how much is used as long as it can be seen on the card.  This month, I received some soft gel gems from the Buckle Boutique. 

Below is information about the product from Buckle Boutique.

Pink Rainbow Rhinestone or Diamond Jewel Sticker Sheet  - Easily add shine to cards, scrapbook pages, favors, apparel, personal electronics, anything that needs a little or lots of shine! The acryllic stones are continuous and butt up against each other on the entire sheet. No spaces! They are great if you wish to cover an entire surface quickly and easily.
 
These awesome sheets can be cut to meet your particular decorating needs with scissors as well as a paper cutter, Cricut (deep cut blade), Pazzle, Sizzix, Klick-N-Kut and the AccuCut! Because the "stones" are actually a gel or soft resin substance, they can be cut down the middle.

They have adhesive on the back that is exposed when the protective film is peeled off. These particular sheets measure 20" by 10". We also offer this great sticker in a smaller size as well as different patterns and colors. 
 
 
 
NOTE:  I ran the sheets of gems through my Big Shot machine and it didn't cut them and crushed the gems even  though it says it can be used in a diecut machine.   They are able to be easily cut with scissors so that's what I did.  
Below is my card.  
 
 
The stamps are from Gina K Designs called Deck the Halls.  I added some rhinestones to the ornaments.  I used Kraft paper from Gina K Designs and designer paper from Echo Park called Very Merry Christmas.  I put the gems from
Buckle Boutique across the middle of the card.  I wish I would've had more to play around with.  The ribbon is seam binding ribbon from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I LOVE the seam binding ribbon from this company.  It lays so pretty, easy to work with and feels so silky and light.  I used Memento Rhubarb Stalk and Cottage Ivy to stamp the 
ornaments and greetings. 
 
It's harder than it sounds to make a card using random items sent for that purpose.   
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!



 
 

No comments: