Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sponging Gone Wild with Sin City Scraps Stamps

Hi everybody!
I'm back today with a sponging tutorial for Sin City Scraps.  This is a link to their shop, http://www.sincityscraps.com/.  I used a beautiful stamp from the Wildlife set and here is a LINK to that set.  I spruced up the background by sponging it in different colors and giving it a canvas effect.


First,  I stamped the image and I just wanted to point out how perfect this large stamp stamped the first time. 



Next, I cut a circle out of the spellbinders circle dies to use as a mask and sponged a little Memento Wild Dandelion around it. 



  Then I removed the mask and sponged a little ink over the sun.





Next I sponged the Wild Dandelion across the top and middle of the cardstock, Tangelo across middle area and Potter's Clay over bottom part.






 This is what it looks like after using all the colors.



Next, I gave it a canvas effect.  I love how this turned out.






 Distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink.




 What it looks like before being made into a card.



 The final card.




HERE is a link to the Sin City Scraps blog where you can check out my project along with other beautiful projects used with their products. 

Play around with different color inks, there's really not a right and wrong way to do it, that's why I like it so much!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!










1 comment:

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Regina, such a great stamp I even liked it just as a black and white!