Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Copics on Canvas

Hi everybody,

I tried something new this week that I wanted to share.  I stamped on canvas for the first time and I was really happy with the result.

My family lives in Mississippi so I used a magnolia stamp, the state flower, to make this canvas.  I just bought some pre-wrapped canvases from Michaels. 

First, I primed them with Gesso, the clear kind.  You use a foam paint brush to brush it on and it's white but dries clear.  There is also a white kind so don't get that kind or it will dry white.

Since I bought the pre-wrapped canvases, I used wood mounted stamps that fit in the opening in the back and  a piece of foam to make the middle of the canvas taut.  It would've been easier to use a loose piece of canvas but this worked fine. 

Next I stamped and colored with copics.  When you color, use light strokes so the ink doesn't smear.  If you use a light color, kind of dot it on.  I used a yellow and that's what I did.  When I used strokes, it smeared.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

Then I put Diamond Stickes in the middle and Glossy Accents on the leaves.  Stamped Mississippi on it and I now have a nice gift for my Mom.  You can also spray a clear sealant on it but I didn't. 

Here's what it looks like.






Then you can frame it if you'd like. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: