Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

I Crafted In A Barn!

Hi everybody,

I went to a card making get together yesterday in Nashville, IL.  I live in Lake St. Louis, MO so that's about 93 miles away.  Everybody asks me if I'm crazy for driving that far to craft with friends.  I think us crafters would drive anywhere to craft with others.  lol  Yes, we're a little crazy, but in a good way.

We were in the loft of a barn.  Helen has her craft room up there.  It's really nice, looks like a store because she has so much.  It was nice and air conditioned.  Here's a picture.


How cool is that??  Now I can say I made cards in a barn!  lol

Here are the cards I made for our card swap.  We each made 20 cards and split them.


 I used the Silhouette to make this card, the cupcake and words.  It cut perfect because I used Close To My Heart card stock.  Please give their card stock and patterned papers a try.  They cut like butter in the Silhouette.  I also used some Papertrey Ink patterned paper in Berry Sorbet.  I also used Fruit Punch Stickles on the frosting of the cupcake and a swirly embossing folder.





Hexagons are so popular right now and I love this set by Close To My Heart.  It's only $13.95, check out the link to my web page for more details. The inside says 'having a friend like you'.

Close To My Heart - Honeycomb
I also used their Exclusive Black Ink Pad.  We all use black ink pads, please give this one a try.  You will LOVE it! 

If you haven't gotten together and crafted with other people, I'd highly recommend it.  It's such a great way to spend an afternoon and be creative with other creative people.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful cards and crafting in that barn could only have been fun.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Patti J said...

Squeal! What fun!!! Thanks for sharing :) We're off....if I don't talk to you before - have fun at your Copics class! Hugs...