Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sympathy Cards

O M G! Has it really been 6 months since I last posted?  Wow!  I cannot believe I let this go that long.  In January, I basically started a new business.  I got a sandblaster and started etching glass, doing vinyl lettering on glasses, etc, glittered wine glasses and have been swamped with orders, that is until about 2 weeks ago.  I decided I needed a break.  I asked myself what I really loved to do and my passion is really to make cards.  I have hardly made any cards because to be honest, I wasn't making much money on card orders.  I had gotten a divorce so I needed to figure out a way to make money again.  Some things have happened in my personal life to make me step back and question what really makes me happy.  I still want to take some orders and make some money but cards are what make me the happiest so at least for now I am going to concentrate on them.  I have been buying new supplies and learning new techniques.  I am probably behind the eight ball when it comes to learning and showing the techniques I have been using but please bear with me, I will catch up soon. :)

I have a whole list unfortunately of sympathy cards to make.  It seems like I have none or a list.  Here are a few I have made in the last couple of days.  I have been enjoying using Tim Holtz stencils and either Tim Holtz Distress Ink with them or the ink mixed with Embossing Paste.  I really love the look of the paste.



I used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink and sponged over the Lace stencil on this one.  



 I mixed Tim Holtz distress ink with translucent embossing paste and used the blossom stencil.


 I used gelatos and colored the stamp and spritzed with water and stamped on watercolor paper to get the watercolor effect. 




I stamped Tim Holtz distress ink on an acrylic block and spritz with water and used a brush to watercolor with the ink on this stencil. 

Thank you for stopping by and I will post regularly again I promise.


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

You still have the touch! All of your cards are gorgeous. And, yes, do not neglect doing what you enjoy the most. If it gives you pleasure, then it uplifts your soul too! I love to see your beautiful cards.