Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Crazy Birds - It's a Party!

Hi everybody!

My boyfriend's sister is one of those that have tons of friends, always surrounded by them and loves to have a good time, won't say no to a party.  I love that about her!  I thought this card would be perfect for her using the bird stamps, dies and accessories.  I made the background and am happy with how it turned out.  





The background is so simple and such a wow factor!  All I did was rub a few colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink across my kraft mat (it wipes right off).  I laid my piece of watercolor paper on top of this ink and gently pressed all over.  I used a heat gun to dry it.  If you have areas of water, you can dab with a paper towel then use heat gun.  Then I put a little bit of water in my hand and trickled droplets onto the watercolor paper and let it sit a minute or so and dabbed it with a paper towel and that is where  you see the white areas, the spots.  

I colored the birds, hats, and present with Copics and a glitter pen and cut the birds out with the matching dies.  I fussy cut the hats and present because I don't have dies but I'm getting a Scan N' Cut around 10/9 and I'll try to cut the accessories out with this.  I'll do a blog post to let you know how this goes.  I added a few silver sequins to the out and insides. I used a Lawn Fawn stamp on the inside.  

I hope you like my card.  I love this set so much for men and for fun people!  Try some fun backgrounds, there's no right or wrong.

Supply List:

  • Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Stamps
  • Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Dies
  • Tim Holtz Crazy Talk Stamps
  • Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings
  • Recollections 110# white card stock
  • Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet Card Stock
  • Strathforth 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Cracked Pistachio
  • Copic Markers (I'm sorry but I threw the paper away accidentally that listed the colors I used)
  • Sakura Silver Star and Clear Star Glitter Pens
  • Tim Holtz Scissors
  • Silver Sequins
  • Ranger Matte Multi Medium Adhesive (for sequins)
  • Tombo Mono Adhesive
  • Versafine Ink in Black 
What a FUN card!  I had a blast making it too because you just never know exactly how your background will turn out and once you put the birds on it, it just all comes together so perfectly.  

Did I inspire you to pull out your Crazy Birds?  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card you created with those Crazy Birds and that wonderful background. Someone will be so happy to get that one and sure to make them feel in a party mood!