Thanksgiving will be here in the blink of an eye. I wanted to make a traditional card for someone for Thanksgiving. I was going to color the feathers different colors and make it look really fun and colorful. I decided to look up pictures of what a real turkey looks like because I really didn't know. I was very surprised by what I saw. I even sent a picture of my card to someone that used to raise turkeys and she said this was spot on. I didn't know they have a bluish face/head and iridescent feathers.
This stamp comes from I Brake For Stamps. It's called Thanksgiving Greetings.
Use COUPON CODE SAVE10REGINA
to receive 10% off your order.
I used several layers to make it look like a picture, colored with Copics, sponged at the top, added some Perfect Pearls on the feather to give it an iredescent look, and finished it off with some hemp cord and a button. Easy peasy except wow, did I use a lot of Copics!!!
- Recollections 110# White Card Stock (for base) ** I LOVE this for card bases!
- Gina K Designs Chocolate Brown and Tomato Soup Card Stock
- Authentique patterned paper, 6x6 Bundle Collection called Thankful
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
- Tim Holtz Antique Linen (to sponge)
- Ranger Perfect Pearl and Perfect Medium
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Copic Markers
- Virginia Turtle glitter enamel dots
- Hemptique Hemp Cord
- Gina K Designs button, chocolate brown
- Tombo Mono Adhesive Dot Runner
If you are thankful and feel blessed, why not make a card during this holiday season time and tell someone what they mean to you and your life.
I hope I inspired you to make some Thanksgiving cards. It's really relaxing to color this stamp.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Regina – Design Team Member