Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Ombre' Emboss Resist Background Technique

Hi Everybody!

I love watching Jennifer McGuire's videos... she causes me to buy so many products lol.  I've been making cards for about 5 years but I still learn things from her and especially love her tips and tricks.

These cards were inspired by one of her latest videos.  I have so many background stamps that I hardly use.  Matter of fact, I bought most of them off FB Sales pages and never used them.  I have always loved emboss resist and I also love sponging ink.  These cards looked so beautiful to me that I had to create some for myself.  This is a way to make lots of cards in one sitting.  Here are a couple of the cards I made....






I

The video is called Easy Ombre' Backgrounds on YouTube under Jennifer McGuire Ink.  If you would like for me to explain how I made these, I'll be glad to do another post.  I just thought you might like to watch the video instead. I'm a visual person and it's easier for me to learn from watching.  I bought an Amazon Fire Stick so now I can watch her videos on my tv and pause with the remote.  (Squeee....)


Here are the supplies I used in the cards above:


  • Heartfelt Creations Kissed Fleur Background
  • Tim Holtz Abandoned Coral Distress Ink
  • Lawn Fawn Hugs Die
  • Stick It and Fun Foam to go on die
  • JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder (this is what goes on die to make sparkly, I got on Amazon because Simon Says Stamp was out of stock)  Love!
  • The stamp set for sentiments on front of both is from Hero Arts.  I got it at Michaels but I don't know a name.  I can send you a pic of the stamp set if you would like to see.
  • Inside Sentiment is from Close To My Heart, Card Chatter Sympathy Occasions
  • Recollections white embossing powder  (not crazy about this brand but it's what I have on hand.  Going to try Hero Arts next, because Jennifer likes it LOL)
  • Jumbo Sponge Daubers
For the second card, everything is the same as above except the background stamp is from Deep Red called Woodcut Flowers.  So pretty!

In the picture with the other color backgrounds, I used these 2 stamps and also Deep Red Leaves Background, and Impression Obsession called Wispy.

You don't have to use background stamps.  You can use any stamp and just stamp it several times to make a background.  

On the sides of the cardstock out and inside, I just sponged on the same color ink as I used over the background so it perfectly matches and also stamped the sentiment inside with same color.  How genius of her!

I used the following Tim Holtz Distress Inks on the others:
  • Picked Raspberries
  • Shaded Lilac
  • Salty Ocean
  • Squeezed Lemonade
  • Seedless Preserves
  • Twisted Citron
  • Festive Berries (I was going to use Candied Apple here but couldn't find it)
  • Chipped Sapphire
  • Peacock Feathers
Warning:  Once you start this you won't be able to stop!  

If you have any questions, leave a comment or send me a message on FB.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

P.S.  The Happy Mail stamp is from Waffle Flower.  I got this at Simon Says Stamp for about $3.99.  


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are so very beautiful! Great patterns and colors used too!