Pages

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Embossing on Photo Paper with Oxide Ink Background

Hi Everybody,


I made cards with two of the backgrounds I had made a couple days ago with the Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and a stamp from The Ton called Brushed Hello.  I love how huge the Hello stamp is!  I think these cards are great to have a bunch on hand with the Hello to send out when you need a quick card.

I embossed on these, I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on one and used clear embossing powder from WOW and I embossed with gold on the other one.  I'm not sure that I would recommend embossing on photo/glossy papers.  You can do it, but you have to be really careful.  I used the MISTI to stamp and even though I had 4 magnets, I needed to help hold the paper down, the stamp was trying to stick to it.  When you use the heatgun to emboss, you have to be very careful not to get it too hot or too close or the paper will bubble up.  Ask me how I know lol.  You could even emboss from behind.  I have 2 heat tools... one gets super hot and the other one is a few years old and doesn't as much so I used that one and it worked so long as I didn't get too close to the paper.

My suggestion would be to use dies on the photo/glossy paper, and some embellishments of course.

Yesterday I posted a link to a YouTube video where Tim Holtz shows how to foil with stamps and I did that.  Here it is...  Here is a LINK to my blog about foiling stamps.


I wanted to emboss these to see what they would look like 





Here's a close up.... the inks are so vibrant on the photo paper. 



I hope I helped inspire you to try these Oxide Inks.  I love how you get a different effect on smooth cardstock, watercolor paper and then the glossy papers.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful note cards and so handy to have some on hand for last minute sending.