Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

3D Cup with Paper Flowers

Hi Everybody,

Today I'm showing a 3D Cup that I made from The Cutting Cafe.  The file comes with all pieces for the cup and 26 sentiments I believe.  I also made my own flowers using the paper flowers template.

My Mother In Law will send home a little styrofoam cup with a paper towel in it containing 2 or 3 flowers that she picked from her garden when my husband stops by there. This is what inspired the project I made and I am giving it to her.  I made it in orange and the sentiment in green because she likes these two colors.

Click HERE for The Cutting Cafe online store.  You will find SVG files, clear stamps, embellishments.  You can order custom stamps here as well.  

Click HERE for a link to the 3D CUP that I used here.

Click HERE for a link to the Paper Flower file I used. (Scroll down until you see Paper Flower Template and Video and you'll see a carnation flower)






I used 12x12 paper from Close To My Heart for the cup and glitter cardstock from Heidi Swapp called Marquee Love.  I used Scor-Tape and Tombo Glue for the adhesive. For the flowers, I used my Ad-Tec hot glue gun.  I haven't used a glue gun in quite a while.  Oh the glue strings!!!  :) 

I cut out the flowers in all three sizes with my Scan N Cut.  Look how perfect this cuts!  No more fussy cutting for me!  (sorry for the shadow, I was in front of a window)



I actually foiled the flowers with rose gold but after I inked up the flowers you couldn't tell.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a jumbo sponge dauber to sponge ink in Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, and Scattered Straw just trying to make them all have different shades of orange petals.  Click HERE for a link to the page where you can find this paper flower file.  There is an excellent video on this page explaining how to make these flowers in three sizes.  Mine turned out pretty good I think.  They look like roses and carnations.  I went around the edge of the flowers after they were finished with Clear Wink of Stella.  For the stem, I used a floral pick.  I cut off the wire and wrapped floral tape around the very top and I hot glued the flower to it.  

The sentiment is from the print file included in the 3D Cup file.  First I foiled it with Spring Green Deco Foil by Thermoweb using a Mini Minc machine.  I used a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval die to cut it out.  I used natural twine for the tag to hang on the cup and a glue dot on the back of the tag to make it stay in place.  

Seems like I've gotten pretty sentimental lately, creating projects that family inspired.  I'm just trying to mimic the cup she gives me.  She'll love t his one because it's orange and has bling!  Gotta love some sparkle!

I hope I inspired you to check out these SVG and print files.  There are videos on how to make the cup and the flowers so don't be afraid to try it.  The cup can be decorated so many ways.  It can be decorated for a teacher gift, Halloween paper and treats, hot chocolate in the winter, Christmas and Valentine treats, etc. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina



5 comments:

Hetty said...

This is a beautiful project!
Love the colors and the flowers.

Joyce Erb said...

Your project turned out great! This is perfect for the recipient and I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That is beautiful!

Regina Easter said...

i seriously can't get over these awesome flowers...wowzer girl...love your project

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

That is beautiful!!!