Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Background Combining Oxide Inks with Alcohol Ink

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share a card I made using Oxide Inks.  I did something a little different this time and I think the results are really pretty for this background.  I used Ranger Glossy Paper for this.... I don't understand how these colors look the way they do and you'll know what I mean when I tell you what I used.  I used Candied Apple and Twisted Citron for the Oxide Inks and for a twist  I used the Ranger Silver Metallic Alcohol Ink.  I was in the mood to play so even though I wasn't sure if the two types of ink could be combined and what would happen when I used water with the Oxide Inks and Alcohol Blender Solution with the Alcohol Ink, I went for it!  
I know this is a weird angle but I wanted to show how the silver alcohol ink shows up. 



The colors definitely do not look like the red and green inks I used.  I originally was going to use the background for a Christmas project, that's why the red and green colors.  It looks just like the Abandoned Coral doesn't it?  

So now I have this really pretty, cool background and I can't decide what to do with it and what color to stamp, emboss, etc.  I decided to use a stamp by The Ton called, Watercolor Wreath and I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink but I think because it is on glossy paper, the ink wasn't bright and crisp like it normally is so I took a chance and put some clear embossing powder on it and I liked it much better.  

I wanted the star of the card to be the background so I used a Kirarina Wink silver metallic pen and traced over parts of the black embossing on the stamp so that it wouldn't look so dark.  I've never done this but I like the results and I really like this pen.  I added clear sequins from The Ton because I thought silver ones might be too much silver on the card.

I used Gina K Designs Black Onyx and Metallic Silver cardstocks.  I just love the weight of her papers.  

I hope I inspired you to branch out with your Oxide Inks and throw in another element into the mix. You might just love what you end up with and it's such a great feeling to play and actually like the result isn't it?  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great results from your experiment. Love the colors of the background.

Brawny x said...

xgreat card x

SusanME said...

Wow! This is such a great combination! I never would have thought to try something like this! Thanks so much for climbing out of the box and sharing with us!