Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy Birthday Sweet Thing - Oxide Ink Background

Hi Everybody,

If you know me at all, you know I LOVE to make backgrounds and now that I have Tim Holtz Oxide Inks in my hands, its so much FUN and actually easy.  

Here are a few of the backgrounds I made with the Oxide Inks.... I just took this pic from my desk, sorry it's a little bit dark.  The inks I used are pictured below. I used Bristol Smooth paper.  The paper is very important.  Depending on the look you're going for, the ink will flow easily on the Bristol Smooth and you can move it around with a paintbrush controlling the drips.  I didn't spritz the paper with water this time, I just blotted it some with a paper towel.  








I used a fun stamp set from Sunny Studios called Two Scoops.  It's a layered ice cream and ice cream cone stamp set.  There are so many combinations that you can put together with this stamp set.

I decided to use it as a single stamp and not layered.  I started by stamping the ice cream cone and ice cream with Versamark Ink and embossed both with Hero Arts embossing powder.  I also embossed the sentiment.  

I took a few Copic Markers that were similar in color to the background and colored in the ice cream.  I used V15 and V12 for the purple and BG57 and BG53 for the teal color.  I just shaded a little and made the colors a bit darker.  I did that in the past to a card and I loved the results.  I show that card and link below.

I stamped randomly around the ice cream cone with a couple of the sprinkles stamps in the set and I wanted just a subtle sparkle so I embossed with Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder.  This powder is so sparkly and beautiful. 

I added a few sequins that added a little extra something without being super sparkly.  The recipient likes sparkle somewhat but not super blingy if that makes sense.  The small clear ones are from The Ton Stamps and the purples are by Craft Medley. 

I used a beautiful cardstock from Paper Temptress called Teal BASIS 80# for the bottom layer.  This color is the perfect teal, it has a slight texture to it and is perfect weight for layering.  I added foam behind top layer to give some dimension.  I don't use my corner rounder as much these days so I dug it out and cut a couple of the corners.  

I hope I inspired you to play with Oxide Inks.  It will make you feel like a kid at least for a little while, because you're having fun and not thinking about anything else and that's a good thing. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and have a great day!


Regina

This is the card I made using Oxide Inks, coloring with Copics and I stamped on this one rather than embossing.


LINK to blog post for this card.

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are both so fabulous and beautifully done. Enjoy your background making and keep inspiring me.

Brawny x said...

Beautiful cardvx