Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Sending Christmas Blessings

Hi Everybody,

I have a beautiful Christmas card to show you today and it's all glittered up with glitter pens and foil.  Who doesn't love that?  I used two stamp sets for this card from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called, Christmas Pine and I just used the bird from the Season's Greetings stamp set.





Close up of foiled pine cones




I started by using the MISTI stamping tool and stamped the pine branches with Kraft Ink by Gina K Designs and then I stamped over that except for the end part of the branch with Memento, Cottage Ivy ink.  This is a great green ink for pine branches.  I just randomly stamped them.  I went over the branches with a white Signo Uniball Gel Pen (my favorite white gel pen) to make them look like they have snow on the them.  

I cut out the word die 'Sending' from Sending Joy by Penny Black with Cherry Red Cardstock from Gina K Designs, the Kraft Cardstock is also from Gina K Designs.  I then lined up Christmas Blessings in the MISTI to make sure I stamped straight and used Gina K Designs Cherry Red Ink, in the cube.  I'll be honest, when the ink cubes first came out, I thought they weren't very practical for me to buy because I already had the full size ink pads.  As I learned how people were using them and putting them in the cute Tim Holtz metal tins, I quickly got over my practicality and started buying them. :)

I traced over the sentiment with a Sakura Clear Star Glitter Pen.  Next I stamped the bird from the Season's Greetings set and colored with Copics.  I traced around him with the Clear Star Pen too.  I used Scrapbook Adhesives small black foam squares to pop him up.  (I love these by the way)

I wanted the pine cones to have some sparkle too but I didn't just want to trace over them with a glitter pen so I decided to foil them.  Have you ever foiled stamps?  I actually made a video on how to do it live on Facebook and was that a disaster initially!  My phone was pointed to the ceiling so people heard me while watching the ceiling.  I had moved my supplies to the kitchen so I could use my heat gun and so I didn't have my laptop to look at to make sure I was set up correctly.  Lesson learned.... I did immediately delete that one and I made a new one so I was a trooper.  Here is a link to this video on YouTube.  I hope you'll subscribe to my channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33B-IYOJ3XY&t=3s

I stamped the pine cones on the Kraft Cardstock with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to make sure I had a good impression since this was a detailed stamp with the openings on the pine cone etc. and sprinkled Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder on them.  After I used a heat gun on them I placed a little piece of foil on top and gently tapped it down and then burnished it with my finger.  Anywhere there were spots missed, I went back over it with the unused foil areas. 

I hope I inspired you to try foiling your stamps.  It's a lot of fun, something different to try. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

3 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Lovely Christmas creation, Regina!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous. I love the pine boughs with the way you did them.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a gorgeous card !