Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Merry Christmas

Hi Everybody,

I made this Christmas card for today's post using Brutus Monroe products and I'm also up on the Brutus Monroe blog today. 

I don't make a lot of square cards but sometimes when I'm using a 6"x6" stencil and I want to keep most of the background, I'll make it square.  This card base is 5-1/2"x5-1/2".  











I started by using a sheet of this pretty gray cardstock from the Kaleidoscope Wings Inspiration Kit.  An alternative would be to use the Lunchbag cardstock that is the Kraft color.  I wanted to use the Snowflake Stencil and make it glittery and dimensional.  I decided to use some Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Embossing Paste in Frosted Dawn Sparkle.  It has the exact look that I was going for!  You just spread the paste over the taped down stencil with a palette knife, get the excess off to put back in the jar and then pull off the stencil carefully.  It needs to dry for a few hours so keep that in mind when using this, but it's worth it.

Next I grabbed a cup of Gevalia Mocha Latte (because it is expresso coffee) and sat down to color some of the stamps in the new Comfort and Joy Holiday Kit. I stamped the images with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink and colored with Copic Markers, just using 2 reds and 2 greens.  I use Xpress It Blending Card when coloring with Copics. I decided to fussy cut them out which was a little bit of a challenge with the holly leaves but I took my time and was able to do it.  I popped these up with Scrapbook Adhesives Black 3D Foam Squares.  

I embossed the Merry Christmas sentiment on Wagon Cardstock with Brutus Monroe Ultra Fine Alabaster Embossing Powder and cut out with a banner die. 

To finish it off I added some gold glitter Stickles to the center of the poinsettia and glossy accents on the berries. 

This was a fun card to make!  Grab the coloring media of choice and a stencil and make a beautiful Christmas card. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card design. Love the snowflakes in the background and love the poinsettia as well.

Brawny x said...

Fabulous cardvx