Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Calendar Card

Hi Everybody,

I've been wanting to use the new stamp set from Gina K Designs called Stately Flowers 12, illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger since I bought it in January.  The problem was that I lost a row of the numbers lol.  I finally found them stuck to something today!  My husband gave me a metal bowl to put dies and stamps in because I keep losing small pieces.  I think this will help tremendously!  :)

I made this for my Mother in Law, who loves purple.






I used Gina K Designs cardstock colors in Wild Lilac and Lovely Lavender and the matching ink cube in Wild Lilac to sponge around the oval dies.  

Melanie made a video showing how to use this set if you'd like to see how she made an easel card with it, link is below.  She used another frame set which I do not have so I improvised and used Holiday Frame.  The calendar wouldn't fit inside the circle on this frame so I cut the oval dies out to cover the circle.  I stamped the frame with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed with Brutus Monroe Icicle Embossing Powder, which is clear. I then used a Zig Marker to color inside the frame outline.  It's easier to stay in the lines when it is embossed. 

I used the Misti to line up the parts of the calendar and stamped with the Versafine Onyx Black.  I don't think I could've done this without the Misti.  I fussy cut the flower in the set after coloring with Zig Markers and cut them in half, popping up with Black 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesive.  I used Wink of Stella in Clear over the flowers to add a little shimmer. I thought the calendar looked a little plain (it probably didn't but I never feel like I have enough on a card lol) so I added a few clear sequins adhered with Gina K Designs Connect Glue.  

I cut out the frame and put it on a layer of Gina K Designs Black Onyx cardstock.  I'm going to send a new card calendar to my Mother in Law every month.  

I stamped a few of these calendars for extras to give to friends so I don't have to try and line up the numbers each time I want to use it.  Smart huh?  :)

I hope I inspired you to try this great new set by Gina K Designs.  Check out Melanie's YouTube video HERE to see how she made it as an easel card. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful in every way. Love the colors.