Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Loss of Pet Sympathy Card

Hi everybody,

Today I would like to share a sympathy card I made for a friend who recently lost her dog.  These type of cards are so difficult for me to make.  If you know me well, you know I'm a major dog lover and I can feel your pain.  My two 14 year old chocolate labs, Pebbles and Bambam were put to sleep about a year ago.  I was blessed to have them both for 14 years I know but it's never long enough is it?  Barney is my half pointer, half English Springer Spaniel and he is my baby.  He is 9 years old and I treasure everyday with him.

I used an embossing folder by Darice on Gina K Design's heavy base weight white card stock, which I love.  I also used her In The Navy as a layer.  It is so hard to find a nice color Navy Blue and this is it.  I cut out the heart with dog paw image out of red vinyl.  I bought this from the Silhouette Store.  I embossed the sentiment in clear to make it shiny.  This is a set by Sizzix, stamps and Framelits dies together in a set by Stephanie Bernard.  I can see myself using this set a lot.  I wrote the text in the inside of the card with Silhouette Sketch Pens in black glitter.







I think it is hard to make a sympathy card for loss of pet so I think this embossing folder makes it a little easier.

Thanks for stopping by!

Regina


3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lovely card which should bring comfort to your friend.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul - A Dog Owner said...

A dog whistle app is the one which helps you get rid of dogs, its also called anti dog repellent app