Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

New Blades for Silhouette and More

Hi everybody!

Today I want to share the card I made for my Dad's birthday.  I usually put motorcycles on his cards because he has a Harley but I wanted to do something different so I made a quick outdoor scene, added a few enamel dots and hung a gun charm on the inside.  I think he'll like it.

This is the card I made him for Father's Day.  This is an I Brake For Stamps image called Biker Bob.  I colored the motorcycle teal since that is the color of his bike.  I used aluminum foil in the background and embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  The sentiment stamps are from Close To My Heart and of course he is colored with copics.




This is his birthday card.  This was a very simple card and I think what made it simple but still look good is the background stamp.  I love this stamp!  This is Impression Obsession called Canvas.  I think it adds so much.  I think the enamel dots finish it off fabulously and can still be masculine.  Do you know how to make your own enamel dots?  Do you want to know how?  It is SO easy.  Comment below if you want to know.

The sentiment stamp on the outside is by Close To My Heart and the inside one is by Gina K Designs.  I think he'll like the charm, don't you?  My Dad isn't one to rave and ooh and ah over my cards (like I wish he would lol) but I know he likes them. 





I told you I would let you know what blade I am using in my Silhouette now... It is the CB09.  I am attaching links from Amazon for the blade holder and the blades I bought.  Link for blade holder and blades.  You can buy them on Ebay and other places as well.  I just love Amazon so I chose them.  There are different blades that you can buy, I bought the 45 degree blades.  All I know is once you play with the blade and figure out how far down it needs to be, you're done.  It cuts beautifully!  That's all I care about.  From what I understand these blades last a long time.  That's why I bought them.  My Silhouette blades were not lasting more than about 2 weeks on average.  I wrote the company and you can see on my previous post what they're response was.  So I just thought I would share my good experience with these blades with you.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Biker Bob looks great and love the other card too.