Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Faith The Fairy - Stamping Bella

Hi Everybody,

I was asked to make a very special card.  My friend's Father was in hospice and asked her to get a card for her sister's 40th birthday because he knew he wouldn't be here for it and wanted to write in it and let her know how much he loved her.  My friend asked me if I could do it and of course I said yes...
He always called her Princess and she loves pink poodles so she asked if I could put a pink poodle beside the image I chose.  The good thing about us cardmakers is that we can do almost anything we want.  I found a digi poodle image, colored it with Zig markers using water so it would be lighter than the dress and colored the main image with Copic Markers.  Here's what I came up with:









It was sad for me in a way because of the circumstance but I was so happy and honored I could do it for her.  My friend gave her sister this card on last night at her party and sent me a video of her opening it.  OMgosh, it was so emotional to watch.  If you are friends with me on Facebook, the video is posted today on my page.


Supplies Used:

  • Recollections 110# white cardstock for base, Gina K Designs, Passionate Pink, Black Onyx
  • Stamping Bella, Faith the Fairy
  • Gina Marie Designs, not sure of the name of this scalloped rectangle die
  • Heidi Swapp glitter cardstock, 
  • Heidi Swapp patterned paper, Favorite Things
  • Heidi Swapp glitter cardstock, Marquee Love
  • Copic Markers
  • Zig Real Brush Markers
  • Poodle Clipart
  • Quick Kutz  English Rose Alphabet Dies
  • Pretty Pink Posh Clear Sequins
  • Craft Medley Pink Sequins


To my cardmaking friends.... just remember, we can make ANY situation better with our creations.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina



4 comments:

katrynka said...

So wonderful that you were able to do this for them. Very special.

Julie O'Neil said...

This story is really touching and you know what you've just made will be treasured forever

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - tears in my eyes, this card is so special and I know the daughter will treasure this forever. What a blessing.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So sad but still beautiful in the way her father felt about his little Princess and wanted her to be remembered. Bless you for making such a beautiful card to honor his wishes.