Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Dahlia Bouquet in Watercolor

Hi Everybody,

I want to share a simple card that I think looks really rich and beautiful.  I finally took the time to watercolor paint.  I used a stamp from WPlus9 called Beautiful Bouquets, Dahlias. I love this stamp! 








I first embossed the bouquet stamp with Hero Arts White Embossing Powder and then used Gansai Tambi Watercolor Paints.  I only used one color purple for the flowers but because of shading, you can make it look like you used more and I used two green color paints.  I had to let the layers dry and ended up painting three to four layers. I'm not usually a patient person so that's why I haven't taken the time to sit down to do this previously but I actually really enjoyed it.  I used a light blue Zig Marker for a subtle background.  I was going to add another layer or two but I really didn't think it was necessary for this one.

SO... I originally was going to paint this in orange and pinks but changed my mind.  I had already painted a couple of buds in an orange color but I thought it wouldn't be any big deal to paint purple over them.  Wrong!  It turned them into a burgundy color!  This is why I used the two black strips in the positions they are, to cover that up!  I used a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval to cut the bouquet out and added a few clear sequins from The Ton Stamps. To make the petals have a shimmer, I used Wink of Stella Clear Shimmer brush glitter pen.


The beautiful purple linen looking card stock is from Gina K Designs.  The sentiments I used are from Altenew, Persian Motifs.  These fit perfectly to cover that area.  I used the white embossing powder on Gina K Designs Black Onyx card stock.  


I need a lot of practice watercoloring.  People make it look so easy in videos.  It's basically done the same way as you would with markers with the shading but you just have to build up the color while waiting for the layers to dry. 


I hope I inspired you to take some time, relax, and get those watercolor paints out that you've been meaning to use. :)


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

5 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful shading!!!

Brawny x said...

Wow stunning card x

Cheryl Robertson said...

So pretty! Love the stamp set

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful! Great watercoloring Regina!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow girl! This is so gorgeous and I love the colors.