Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Vellum Overlay Mother's Day Card

Hi Everybody,

I finally finished my two Mother's Day cards.  I'm usually not this late but I had knee replacement surgery and it has been a challenge to make cards because I can't sit at my desk for long periods at a time so it is taking me longer to finish a card.  Normally there would be nothing wrong with that but I kind of have a deadline with Mother's Day. :)  I'll show one today and one tomorrow. 

I made this card for my Mother in Law.  I've been wanting to make this card for a long time.  This is from a Jennifer McGuire video called Vellum Overlay.  I wanted to make something a little different and I thought with the card base being vellum instead of cardstock, that would be considered different to what I normally make.  

She loves green and purple so I used the Beautiful Day layered flower stamp set from Altenew.  I had to go through my inks and pick ones that layered right so after I made this card, I ordered three sets of mini ink cubes from Altenew so that next time, I won't have to spend the time choosing colors for layered flowers. The inside saying, "I Love You To the Moon and Back" is something that she says to my husband all the time so he wanted it in the card.  The stamp is from Stampabilities. 

Please excuse my photos.  I couldn't get great pictures because the vellum makes them looked washed out. 







I love the large Mother die.  This came from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps but it is no longer available.  I cut the die out with foam and Stick It so that it would have dimension and put some Nuvo Crystal Drops called Violet Galaxy over the word die to give it the pearly purple look.  I added a few lavender pearls as embellishments for the front and a purple gem in the center of the flower.  I used Brutus Monroe Alabaster (white) Embossing Powder to emboss the front of the vellum.  

Be sure to use a heavy weight vellum.  I used a 48# and it still warped a little from using the heat gun so I just stuck it under my MISTI with a piece of copy paper over it to protect it and that flattened it out. 
I'm glad I finally made this card.  There are quite a few steps involved so if you make it, take your time and enjoy the process. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

3 comments:

Judy said...

This is beautiful, your Mother-in-law will love it. It is definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing.

Jan M said...

Love this Regina. Yes, your MIL will love it. Anxious to see your next card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and elegant looking with the vellum. I know your mother-in- law will love it.