Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Happy Mother's Day Poppy Background

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share my second Mother's Day card with you.  I made a card a few days ago using a Penny Black stamp called Poppy Pattern where I sponged oxide inks on the stamp, spritzed with water and stamped using MISTI stamping tool.  I made two backgrounds that day and I'm using the other one for this card today. HERE is the link to the post with the first card I made. 




I used Bristol Smooth paper for this technique.  I chose a few oxide ink colors I liked and sponged them on randomly all over the stamp with sponge daubers.  I spritzed with water and stamped.  It was a little lighter in some places than I liked, so I sponged more ink on in the lighter places and stamped again.  That's the advantage of using the MISTI, you can re-stamp if you need to.  I used Diamond Stickles in the centers of the flowers to add some sparkle and put it aside to dry.

I cut the word Mother out with a word die from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps but unfortunately they no longer sell this die.  I cut it out with a piece of cardstock, foam and Stick It.  The foam gives it dimension and I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Glitter Honey Gold and went over the die to give it sparkle and a little more dimension.  You can't go wrong with sparkle and dimension right??

I picked up a magazine at Michaels before my surgery and it included a free embossing folder and butterfly and flower dies so I used both dies in this card.  I filled in the butterfly cut out parts with the Diamond Stickles as well to pull it all together.  This card looks so pretty in person.  

I used Gina K Designs Mango Orange cardstock for bottom layer and cut out with a Large Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die.  I think stitching around the edges adds a little more interest. 


I wish you could see all of this shine and sparkle!!!



For the inside I used the Gina K Mango Orange cardstock again.  I had also cut out another smaller rectangle with the Lawn Fawn Rectangle Stitched Dies but thought it needed something so I decided to use a die by Taylored Expressions called Quatrefoil Cutting Plate and I love the way it turned out.  I stamped the rectangle die with sentiments from the The Ton stamp called Dahlia Bouquet.  I stamped the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed with Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder in Icicle.  Then I adhered the rectangle to the cut out cutting plate and then dotted Gina K Designs Connect Glue on the back of the cutting plate and around the edges. I like this glue in a pen form where I can put little dots of glue where I want them. It also dried clear.  Finally, I cut out a flower using the free flower die from my magazine.  




I met my deadline, whew!  I made two very different Mother's Day cards this year and I'm happy with both.  I hope I inspired you to try the Vellum Overlay card from yesterday's post or this technique from today's card sponging oxide inks on a stamp.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina




2 comments:

Jan M said...

Love this one too!! I'm going to have to try this with my oxides.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another gorgeous card for Mother. I love the colors too.