I wanted to share my second Mother's Day card with you. I made a card a few days ago using a Penny Black stamp called Poppy Pattern where I sponged oxide inks on the stamp, spritzed with water and stamped using MISTI stamping tool. I made two backgrounds that day and I'm using the other one for this card today. HERE is the link to the post with the first card I made.
I used Bristol Smooth paper for this technique. I chose a few oxide ink colors I liked and sponged them on randomly all over the stamp with sponge daubers. I spritzed with water and stamped. It was a little lighter in some places than I liked, so I sponged more ink on in the lighter places and stamped again. That's the advantage of using the MISTI, you can re-stamp if you need to. I used Diamond Stickles in the centers of the flowers to add some sparkle and put it aside to dry.
I cut the word Mother out with a word die from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps but unfortunately they no longer sell this die. I cut it out with a piece of cardstock, foam and Stick It. The foam gives it dimension and I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Glitter Honey Gold and went over the die to give it sparkle and a little more dimension. You can't go wrong with sparkle and dimension right??
I picked up a magazine at Michaels before my surgery and it included a free embossing folder and butterfly and flower dies so I used both dies in this card. I filled in the butterfly cut out parts with the Diamond Stickles as well to pull it all together. This card looks so pretty in person.
I used Gina K Designs Mango Orange cardstock for bottom layer and cut out with a Large Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Die. I think stitching around the edges adds a little more interest.
I wish you could see all of this shine and sparkle!!!
For the inside I used the Gina K Mango Orange cardstock again. I had also cut out another smaller rectangle with the Lawn Fawn Rectangle Stitched Dies but thought it needed something so I decided to use a die by Taylored Expressions called Quatrefoil Cutting Plate and I love the way it turned out. I stamped the rectangle die with sentiments from the The Ton stamp called Dahlia Bouquet. I stamped the sentiments using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed with Brutus Monroe Embossing Powder in Icicle. Then I adhered the rectangle to the cut out cutting plate and then dotted Gina K Designs Connect Glue on the back of the cutting plate and around the edges. I like this glue in a pen form where I can put little dots of glue where I want them. It also dried clear. Finally, I cut out a flower using the free flower die from my magazine.
I met my deadline, whew! I made two very different Mother's Day cards this year and I'm happy with both. I hope I inspired you to try the Vellum Overlay card from yesterday's post or this technique from today's card sponging oxide inks on a stamp.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!