Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Graciellie Design Inspiration Blog Hop 8-15


Hi Everybody,

Welcome to the Graciellie Design Inspiration Blog Hop where we will be showcasing the beautiful Magnolia Dreams set!  Magnolia Dreams consists of a stamp set with the gorgeous magnolia that I'm using on today's card, along with digital papers and SVG's. Paper Temptress made a cardstock pack especially for Graciellie Design to go with this new set. The colors work together so perfectly!  




Click here to be taken to this cardstock pack at Paper Temptress.









I started the card using Paper Temptress Teal BASIS 80# with the Aqua BASIS 80# as the next layer. The teal floral patterned paper is from the digital paper pack in the Magnolia Dreams collection.  I wanted the magnolia to really stand out so I made it large size, cut it out with the Scan N Cut and then foiled with Deco-Foil Rose Gold Foil.  I wanted to add just a hint of color so I used Copic Markers to add the same colors as the other parts of the card. Martha Stewart Clear Microbeads are glued down in the center of the magnolia. 

I thought Paper Temptress White Splitz Ribbon would be perfect on this card.  I used the Solar White Thin Columns cardstock by Paper Temptress under the flower.  I aIways tend to use regular cardstock but I really like the stripes/columns found on the Solar White Thin Columns cardstock.  It adds just the right touch when you want a design on your white cardstock that is not overwhelming.  

I sized the sentiment from the Magnolia Dreams stamp set and printed it out with my laser printer on Paper Temptress Heavy Weight Vellum 48# and foiled in Deco-Foil Rose Gold Foil.  I wrapped the vellum around the back of the Solar White cardstock and glued it down.

To finish off I added some clear sequins and sponged ink around the Solar White cardstock.  

This is a beautiful collection with endless possibilities.  One advantage to working with digital stamps and SVG's is that you can size them however you want.  I have heard people refer to stamp sets in the past that they liked but they wished a flower or sentiment in the set was larger.  One of the great advantages of digital stamps is how they allow you to make them as large or small as needed for your particular project. 

If you would like to start from the beginning of the hop, please visit Graciellie Design blog.  

Your next stop is Shylaa Shree.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and joining us for this inspiration blog hop.  Have a great day and Good Luck! 



Regina

13 comments:

Peggy T. said...

Love this card, Regina. The colors you chose are perfect.

Mila said...

Beautiful and elegant card Regina.Hughs

Brawny x said...

Stunning card x

Gayatri said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the color.

Jenni's Whimsies said...

So pretty! I have a question...when making a card like this with 3D flowers, how do you fit it in an envelope? I've been wondering about that.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is the most beautiful card with those pretty blooms on it.

Shylaashree said...

a great card regina and the flower pops up beautifully

Karen said...

Beautiful, dimensional, and lovely coloring

Julia Sandvoss said...

Just beautiful! Love the touches of our Deco Foil on the flower!

María Pilar said...

Love your dimensional card and the color you chosed.
Hugs

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Regina. The teal colors are great with the foil accents.

Waving My Wand said...

This card has my heart! I love the monotone colors and it just has a sweetness about it. Nice job, girlfriend!

Im just me - Marleen said...

Beautiful Project xx