Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Making a Card Using Wax Paper

Yesterday I used wax paper to make a pretty background for a card.  What's the only drawback to doing this technique you might ask?  You have to drag out and blow the dust off your IRON.  Ha Ha  I know I did.  I can't tell you the last time I used an iron.  Here's my card and how I did it.  It's easy just like the aluminum foil card I made the previous day.




You just cut a piece of wax paper slightly larger than your cuttlebug folder and run it through your machine.  Then cut two pieces of card stock (I used heavy) to place above and below the embossed wax paper.  Your iron should be on high with NO WATER, NO STEAM.  Run your iron back and forth over the card stock until you think the wax has melted onto the card stock.  The wax will be on both pieces of card stock since there is wax on both sides of the wax paper.  Then you're going to take an ink pad and rub it over a piece of the card stock until it is covered in ink and you can see the image.  Finally, wipe off the excess ink with a paper towel.

NOTE:  If your card stock curls, it is okay.  The curled side up is the side you will ink.


I hope you will try this technique.  If you want a subtle background, use a lighter ink.  I used a light pink on this one.

TGIF!!  Thank you for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow.  

5 comments:

930apples said...

Who would have thought it? The card is so cute and girly!

Angela said...

Lol, on the iron part...I can totally relate!! I've been wanting to try this and I have that Cuttlebug folder!! I love how it turned out with the pink...

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card and a much better photo! ;)

Leta said...

I have been wanting to try this since I saw Gina's video....you did a fabulous job I totally love it

Tosha said...

Super, super job on this card. My problem is not the iron, which I use almost daily but the wax paper which I never have on hand. After seeing this card, I will have to make a trip and pick up a roll. Thanks for the share.