Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Sin City Design Team Application Post

Hi Everybody!
Today I'm excited to be applying right here for a design team spot on the Sin City Scraps Design Team.

 
Here is a link to the Sin City Scraps website and blog.  You'll find anything from cool products to  impressive tutorials.  Terri Sproul is the owner and a designer for several scrapbook and stamping companies.

The criteria for the design team spot is to create a project using a stamp technique.  The technique I'm using today is the Triple Time Stamp Technique.  I think this technique is so impressive because of the way the stamps match up in the end.  You'll see what I mean as we go through the steps to make this card. 

The first thing you need to do is choose 2 different colors of card stock.  Choose a light color to stamp on and a darker color as the mats.  Here are the measurements for each color cardstock.

I chose white and turquoise card stock.  White is the color you will be stamping on and turquoise will be the mats. 

White card stock measurements
2" x 3-1/4"
3" x 4-1/4"
4" x 5-1/4"
Plus a piece of card stock for the inside of the card since it is a dark color.  4" x 5-1/4"


Turquoise card stock measurements
2-1/4" x 3-1/2"
3-1/4" x 4-1/2"
5-1/2" x 8-1/2" This is the card base. Score at 4-1/4"

This is how the pieces will fit together. 




The first step is to start stamping on the white card stock.  I would choose two or three different stamps.  I chose 3.  This is how the white card stock should look when you start stamping.  Just put a little tape on the back of each piece to hold together.



I started out by stamping  leafy branches in a turquoise color ink.


Next I added a few large dogwoods in a light pink color.  
Probably should have used a darker pink. 
I hope you can see it in the photo okay. 




Next, I stamped a few small dogwoods and a greeting.  The greeting is a combination of both colors of ink.



Do you see how everything matches together?  When you put the mats with these pieces of card stock, you must make sure they all match together just like this.  Be careful and don't turn upside down, etc.

Then, you start putting the mats with the white card stock.






  This is what the card should look like after everything is put together and matched. 



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on the Triple Time Stamp Technique.  I told you it looked impressive but is so easy.  Please try it and let me know how it turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Wish me luck! 

9 comments:

Proxxon Tools said...

fun technique, thanks for your submission to be apart of the Sincity Scraps DT

Desire Fourie said...

What a fantastic tutorial, definitely somethinf I will give a go. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Madeleen said...

Thanks for the tutorial - I loveyour card! Good luck with the DT application!

Michelle said...

Regina, this is such a great tutorial. It looks so simple, and yet I don't think I would have thought of this myself! :-)

TammieLien said...

Awesome Regina and will give this a try this weekend and will let you know.Thanks for sharing and Best Of Luck:))) Hugs from sunny AZ:)))

Unknown said...

That turned out wonderful Regina. I have been seeing this technique, but never looked up how it was done. You made it look very very easy. Good luck and I hope you make the design team.

Clear Cards said...

Simple and elegant what`s about using this for designing Clear Cards of own...

marcelle b said...

Best of luck!! I love this technique and your card is very pretty!! Love, Marcie!!

Cheryl Wright said...

Great tutorial, Regina. I tried Triple Time Stamping once and vowed never to do it again. The card turned out okay, but I found it extremely difficult.

Now I know why - because I was doing it wrong! Thanks so much for an extremely clear tutorial, and best of luck with the DT application!