Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Shaving Cream Technique Tutorial with Sin City Stamps
If you're looking for the Besties Blog Hop, click HERE
I wanted to use the Sin City Stamps Art Journaling stamp with the numbers on it for a birthday card and wanted an abstract background so I decided to play today with the shaving cream technique. It's really easy and results in a beautiful marbled look.
You'll need some shaving cream, paper plate, a butter knife, dye ink reinkers (however many colors you want in your design) and something to scrape the shaving cream off with.
1. Squirt shaving cream all around on a paper plate.
2. Use the reinkers by squirting a drop in various places in the shaving cream. Do this for all the colors. I used 3 different colors, a pink, orange and green.
3. Take a butter knife and pull the knife through the shaving cream all the way around the plate to marble the ink but don't mix the colors up too much.
4. Take a piece of card stock and lay on top of the shaving cream and gently press all over the card stock.
5. You'll end up with a glob of shaving cream on the card stock. Take your scraper and just scrape the shaving cream off in a downward motion.
6. You'll end up with a marbled look. This is what mine looked like.
I used the numbers stamp from the Art Journaling stamp set and the greeting is from Steampunk Circus.
7. Here's my finished card.
If you want a fun look that is easy to achieve, try this technique. I wanted something fun for this particular birthday card and this look is exactly what I had in mind. I hope you'll try it too!
Please take a minute and check out all of the other projects from the rest of the team on the Sin City Stamps BLOG.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!