Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Masculine Anniversary Card - Colored Heat Embossing

Hi Everybody,

I made this card for my boyfriend, our 3 year anniversary is 1/30.  I wanted to make something fun so I used this cute stamp and embossed vellum in different blue colors, which is his favorite color.  I had bought a variety pack of different color embossing powders a long time ago on Amazon and this was the first time I had used them and I really liked them.







The focal point stamp is about 6" long!   I don't think I've used a stamp that long unless a background stamp.  I didn't think this design through very well because when it came time to put it all together, I realized that I didn't have anything to hide my adhesive behind when adhering the vellum.  I tried a few different adhesives but you could see them all so I cut out the borders using a couple Lawn Fawn dies with dots and dashes and then hid the adhesive behind them which in turn covered a tiny bit of my mittens on each side, oops.  I had a slight issue with the top border so I then used the XOXO border at the top to cover that. Ha Ha!  Have you ever run into an issue that turned into having to try something else and then on and on.  I didn't have to mail the card so it didn't matter what size it was.  He displays the cards I make on a shelf in his reload room.

It's hard to think of what to make for masculine anniversary cards but I think I actually pulled it off.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great anniversary card. I love all the snowflakes.