Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Happy Birthday Ombre' Emboss Resist Background

Hi Everybody!

I said I wasn't going to make anymore ombre' emboss resist cards but I couldn't help myself.  My boyfriend's Mom has a birthday coming up and her favorite color is green so I made this card...






I love how you can make several backgrounds and even cut out a bunch of die words and then make cards for the appropriate occasions.  For instance, you can go ahead and cut out a bunch of 'happy' word dies and they will be white, just leave them cut but still on the foam and sponge the color you want when the time comes and glitter.

I've never really put anything inside the top part of a card BUT I somehow got ink there and didn't want to start over and I actually think they look cute.  The purple balloon is because her husband liked purple so most of the cards I make for her are purple and green.  I may make a card with green and then put a purple butterfly on it, etc.  Remember, you ink the sides of the front so be careful not to get ink on the card like I did.  You don't have to ink the sides on the inside but I think it looks good because normally I would put cardstock inside so I figured it needed to be inked to match the front.


Supplies Used:


  • Deep Red Background Stamp called Woodcut Flowers
  • Birthday Greetings by Gina K Designs for the word birthday stamp
  • Die-namics Blueprints 26 My Favorite Things, word happy die from this set
  • Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and Seedless Preserves ink for balloon inside
  • Altenew Wishing You stamp set for inside sentiment
  • Balloon die by Paper Smooches called Balloons
  • JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder for the happy die
  • Wink of Stella clear pen on the balloons
  • Pretty Posh Clear Sequins
  • Zing White Embossing Powder
  • Jumbo Dauber Sponge

I hope you'll try this fun technique.  Again, it is from a Jennifer McGuire video called Ombre' Emboss Resist Backgrounds.  It is very recent, from about a week ago... and I've been making them and not looking back lol.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina