Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Foiling a Stamp with Oxide Ink Background

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share a card I made with Oxide Inks for the background and foiling for the stamp.... Have you tried to foil stamps yet?  If you haven't, Tim Holtz has a great video on YouTube that shows how to do it and here is a LINK to it.

I love to experiment and sometimes my experiments turn out just like I thought they would, sometimes I get pleasantly surprised, like on the last post when I used the oxide inks with the photo paper. Here is a LINK to that blog post.  Sometimes I do not get the end result I expected, which is kind of what happened with today's card BUT I think I saved it and I like it better than before.

I used the Tim Holtz Oxide Inks in Worn Jeans, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade.  It looks like I used yellow but I didn't, the orange turned lighter and darker shades.  I think the colors in this background are great for male or female, birthdays, hello, anything but sympathy.

I used an awesome stamp set from The Ton called Brushed Hello.  There is also a coordinating die for the hello stamp.  This hello is a really large size. It would be great stamped on tags, bags, boxes, etc., as well.



SO... I decided instead of embossing, I wanted to try to foil the stamp.  I used rose gold decofoil and the Range Sticky Embossing Powder.  (see video link above for this technique).  WELL... I wasn't thinking and foiled it on this watercolor paper which has the rough textured surface so the foil didn't stick in all the places very well.  In the future, do this on smooth paper unless you want this look.

I was upset because I liked this background and I thought, I just say it's distressed.  My super, awesomely talented friend, Chris Dayton, gave me the idea to draw shadows around it.  I watched a YouTube video on Calligraphy Shadows and I think it looks pretty interesting.  I just used that Sharpie in the above picture and took my time.  I probably could've gone a little thicker around the thick parts of the letters.  So what do you think??   



I made this card for a friend who always says the word, fabulous.  This stamp set has some really great words in it.  I'm going to use the one that says, it's been awhile inside.  This is the perfect way to reach out and remind her that we haven't met for lunch in awhile.

I just wanted to share what I did with you and so now I'm not looking at this as if I messed up.  It looks pretty cool to me and I learned something new in the process, how to shadow letters.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card you created with the foil and Distress Oxides.