Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Coloring Easter Eggs

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share an Easter card I made for my Mother in Law.  I saw the cutest picture of my husband's nephew watching his Dad working on something.  The nephew had his tongue out of his mouth, on his lips watching his Grandpa work and his Grandpa also had his tongue like that, out of his mouth on his lips.  You know how some people do that when concentrating?  Well, now my husband and his nephew both do that as adults because they saw Dad/Grandpa doing it whe they were growing up lol.  

I saw this stamp from C.C. Designs called Roberto's Rascals Coloring Eggs and knew I had to get it.  I think my Mother in Law will love it because she will know the meaning behind it. :) 

This stamp is called Roberto's Rascals Coloring Eggs and here is a link, it is half price right now. (as of 3/31/18)





I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers.  This is an easy stamp to color, no room to do much fancy work but I did draw in lines on the wood of the table to give it some detail and texture.  I used Memento Ink in Summer Sky and a scalloped metal die and sponged around the die to make clouds.  I just turned it slightly after sponging along the scallops and get doing that all the way down.  Now he looks like he is painting outside. I almost used a grass die but it seemed to take away slightly from the background and stamp I had there already so I just used Gina K Designs Ink in Grass Green and sponged ink at the bottom. I cut this panel out with a Lawn Fawn Large Rectangle Stitched Die. 

I cut out a word die, blessed, three times and glued them together with a Zig Glue Pen to give some dimension.  I used Gina K Designs cardstock in Wild Lilac for bottom layer and this word die.  This is one of my favorite purple colors in cardstock.  I reach for it all the time when wanting to use purple.  

To finish off, I used Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen on the bunny's noses and inside of ears.  I used Nuvo Drops in Simply White for the bunny tails and Nuvo Drops in Violet Galaxy for the egg and paint he is using.  I used the Nuvo a little 'messily' on the egg to make it look like he is in the middle of painting it.  I dabbed on some Nuvo Drops in Sweet Lilac for the other color paint dripping down side of container.  Finally, I used the Nuvo Drops in Morning Dew over the word blessed.  These drops are clear so now the word die has a shine to it, kind of looks like enamel.

When you use a cute stamp like this, it pretty much does the work for you.  It's so much fun when you use a stamp that has a special meaning to the recipient like this one will.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a Happy Easter!



Regina



2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Adorable card- I love it. Reminded me of my son when he was little, he had that same habit. He learned to stop after he fell off his skateboard and again with his bike, each time requiring a visit to the ER for sutures in his tongue! Be careful little boy!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your little scene is so adorable and well colored. Love the sky too. And, yes, I have seen some people concentrate with their tongue out. LOL