Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

HELLO Stencil Background

Hi Everybody!

Remember me??  LOL!  I can't believe I fell off the radar for so long.  Sometimes life throws a curve ball and you have to change things to compensate for that.  I got busier than expected with Etching, such as Yetis, Corkcicles, Pyrex, etc.  I wasn't happy though.  My boyfriend made the comment one day, "you should go make some cards".  I asked why he would say that and he said, because you're happy when you make cards.  I have decided to make cards a priority in my life again and etching will be a side thing.  It was the other way around.  Plus, I need the 'therapy' that cardmaking provides.  All I think about is the card I'm working on.  What I have been working on the last year are coloring classes at www.kitandclowder.com.  I signed up for monthly Copic and Prismacolor classes.  I'll post some pics of the things I've colored in another post.   Anyway, I'll stop rambling now and show you the card I made.


I made this card to just put a smile on a friend's face when she opens it.  I wanted something colorful and happy.  She's been going through some difficult situations.  I think we as cardmakers can do wonderful things with our cards.  By the way, I apologize for the pics... long story but my dog can't go up and down the stairs and my craft room is up there so I moved some things downstairs.  I need to bring my light box down here to take better pics.







I used a stencil from My Favorite Things called Moroccan Tiles.  I am loving the color combos I'm seeing now with the pinks, yellows and oranges.  I've seen a lot of Valentine cards using these colors.  I think I'll jump on that bandwagon and make some too.  I used a Lawn Fawn Hello die.  I love word dies!  I used a stamp set from Close To My Heart called, Sending Love Occasions.  This set and the Card Chatter set are great for anything you might need. (I'm not sure if they are still currently sold)
I know I'm a little behind the times since I haven't made cards in awhile but I LOVE FOIL!  I used DecoFoil and a Mini Minc.  How fun!

So I just sponged ink on the stencil with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Worn Lipstick (great color for this color combo I mentioned), Gina K Designs Inks in Innocent Pink and Sweet Corn. The pink and yellow overlapping make that orange color.  These inks match her awesome card stock colors.  She also has the same colors in ink cubes.  I stamped the sentiment on the inside with the Dusty Rose ink.  I used my MISTI to make sure it was lined up.  How did I do this without that awesome tool??  I used Gina K Designs White Heavy Base Weight Cardstock for base and Dusty Rose CardStock.  How pretty is that foil?  I used dies from My Favorite Things called Scribbles and the leaves are Royal Leaves Die.  I glued the foil down with a Zig glue pen.  I forgot to put some Stick It on the back of the dies when I ran them through.  By the way, I used Toner Paper to cut out the dies to make the foil stick to it.  I don't have a laser printer.  Sequins from my stash.

I hope you liked this card.  I am so ready to jump back into this, do some challenges, etc.

Have a great day!!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Welcome back to making cards. And, these you made are super beautiful. I know I find making cards makes me happy too!