Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Let It Snow Shaker Card - TupeloDesignsLLC DT Project

Hi Everybody,

It's Saturday which means I'm guest designing for TupeloDesignsLLC today. I told you I wouldn't make any more shaker cards but I kind of fibbed, that's what I'm showing today.  I said I wouldn't show anymore 'shaped shaker cards' lol.  

I wanted to make a few Christmas cards in July to at least get ahead of the game by a few.  I seem to always be scrambling at the end of November, first of December making them. Some people make them throughout the year but I've never been able to do that and plus, I put away my Christmas stamps, paper, dies (until end of November).  Hmm, maybe if I kept Christmas craft supplies out all year, I wouldn't start making cards after Thanksgiving. 







I have been playing with a new product called Tonic Mirror Card.  I love the weight and thickness of this cardstock!  It's a great alternative to foil and comes in a variety of colors.  If you don't have a laminator or Minc Machine, this is a product you might want to try because it looks similar to foil but it is cardstock.

I've been using the Mirror Card mostly for word dies but I'm trying something new today with it.  I used it on the entire card!  I think it looks awesome!  

I made a snowglobe shaker card.  First, I used the Chrome Silver Mirror Card for the background and embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder I had in my stash. This cardstock embosses so beautifully!  

I have a snowglobe outline die in my stash so I cut it out using the Ruby Red Mirror Card and I cut the base off. I used My Favorite Things Wide Circle Stitched Dies for the snow globe part, using thick white cardstock for the window and cut a circle also for the inside window out of clear acetate. I used Scotch 3D 1/2" foam tape under the circle to give it the height so there is room for the sequins. I also use Scor-Tape with shaker cards to make sure I have a super sticky double sided tape to hold the window in place. I wish I would've embossed the clear acetate window with a snowflake embossing folder. Have you tried that?  It really adds something to your window but is subtle. 

I filled the shaker card with sequins, seed beads, etc., you can use whatever you'd like in a shaker card but here I chose red and silver metallic sequins, clear seed beads, and a longer clear bead. (not sure what they're called)  Here is a link to various sequins

I decorated the snowglobe window with snowflakes from the Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflake Die Set. I really love these dies because of the assortment in different sizes. If I had more time, I actually would've filled this snow globe with these snowflakes, adhering two together using the Silver Mirror Card.  How pretty would that be!  The back of the mirror card is white so that's what I meant by adhering two together, so you wouldn't see the white on the back. 

Finally I used a strip of clear vellum at the bottom of the card adhering it with Stick It.  That's actually my secret to not seeing under vellum, use Stick It. Try not to mess up the glue with your fingers when sticking it down and you won't be able to see under it at all!  I've searched years for the solution to seeing under vellum.  Now you don't have to hide your glue dots, etc, under your die cuts or whatever you're using on the vellum.  I used the Lawn Fawn Let It Snow Border Die cut out in Imperial Blue Mirror Card on the vellum.  To finish it off, I added a few of the snowflakes I had cut out of the Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflake Die Set. I used a Nuvo Glue Pen to glue down the snowflakes. 

I am going to give this card to my husband's nephew who loves Ole Miss college football team, their colors are red, blue, and white. I make him some kind of Ole Miss color card every year and he loves them. I'll put Ole Miss on the base of the snow globe in silver letters. 

Did I inspire you to start your Christmas cards?  Think about how many you typically send out and make a few every month.  It was fun making this Christmas/winter card in July.  One reason I made this card a snowflake card is it is so freakin' hot here in Mississippi!!  It feels like 105 degrees outside right now.   Yuck!  Did it make me feel cooler to make a snowflake card, kind of, or maybe it was the fact that I turned the A/C down to 70 degrees.  :)

Remember TupeloDesignsLLC offers free shipping with no minimum purchase. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

6 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the snow globe shaker you made. Great snowflakes too.

CamilleW said...

LOVE this snow globe card! So cute and such great ideas. LOVED the tip about the Stick It under vellum!

شوقي عوض said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dezmark said...

Thanks for Sharing such imported information with us. I hope you will share some more info about Let It Snow Shaker Card design. please keep sharing!


non tearable business cards Design

Dansuleiman Abdulrauf said...

Good article, you can Download Naija Latest Songs

Barbara said...

I love this! You cannot compete against a shaker card. Nicely done!