Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Shello - Guest Design Brutus Monroe

Hi Everybody,

I'm guest designing during the month of July for Brutus Monroe.  I had a blast making the card I'm showing you today called a Shadow Box Card. Jennifer McGuire made a video showing how to make this card and HERE IS A LINK to that video. I followed her video exactly in regards to how to put the cards together so please refer to video for instructions. 

It was a lot of fun decorating this card because you get to decorate the front and then the inside shadow box part. 



Sparkly background and fish :)


I made a background using three colors of Nuvo Shimmer Powders and used the Wave Die Set to cut it out. There are two dies in this set, I love it! I think this is just a gorgeous combination of this die and the shimmery colors used.  I stamped several fish from the Mermaid Lagoon stamp set and colored them with Zig Markers. I decided to use teal color cardstock on the front so I just cut a strip and embossed a stamp from the Mermaid Lagoon stamp set with Alabaster Embossing Powder.  I used the Embossing Ink as well because it is super juicy. I can see what I stamp really well because it's so juicy and shiny and if that makes sense. I'm a huge fan of Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink and Powders. I added a few of the 2-tone flat back pearls as embellishments to look like bubbles. 


On the inside I used the Mermaid Lagoon Underwater Background Stamp and colored it with Zig Markers.  I really like this background stamp because of the size, it is 4"x6" so as you can see, it was perfect for this card.  It is only 4" wide rather than 6" like most are so you can use it much easier on your cards. I also used the 2-tone flat back pearls as bubbles. I used a teal cardstock strip again on the inside to tie everything together and also the fish, shells and starfish from the Mermaid Lagoon Stamp Set. I just love this sentiment, "On a scale of 1 to 10 YOU are an 11."  

So just watch the video, link above, and decorate it however you want.  I used a pretty large die on mine to make the window because I wanted to use the background stamp and wanted to show as much as possible. You can use a smaller die and have room to stamp below the window and add embellishments

I hope you'll try to make a shadow box card and decorating it with mermaids and underwater scenes are so much fun.  Check out all of the stamp sets, stencil, die and embellishments for underwater/mermaid scenes HERE with this link.

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina

4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design. Wonderful coloring too.

شوقي عوض said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dezmark said...

Thanks for Sharing such imported information with us. I hope you will share some more info about Guest Design Brutus Monroe. please keep sharing!


non tearable business cards Design

Pawners Paper said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing works. I'll make sure to read them through.
click here
click here

Thanks for sharing these amazing works. I'll make sure to read them through.
click here
click here