Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

"Zig Marker Scribble Technique"

Hi Everybody,

I am just in awe of how much y'all liked the cards I made in the last two posts.  I appreciate all of the nice comments so much.  If you know me, then you know when I stumble upon technique I like, I make several of them and then move on to something different.  

With that being said, here's yet another card using the "Zig Scribble Technique" and I just made up that name.  I don't know what it's really called lol.  

How pretty is this??  It looks like a painting, like I have artistic skill ha ha!  It looks like I watercolor painted it doesn't it?  I spent about a minute on this scribbling and spritzing.  I may start making all of my cards like this.  It seems like life gets in the way of crafting time doesn't it?  






This stamp set by The Ton called Anemone Bouquet is so perfect for any occasion.  You can mask off the vase so the stems don't show or do it like I did.  I wanted them to show but be subtle. 

I used Bristol Smooth paper and embossed using Ranger Silver Pearl Embossing Powder, which I love because it's softer than white. On this one I scribbled the colors where I wanted them.  I didn't color, I scribbled, combined some colors and then spritzed heavily with water and just let the ink and water do their magic.  I picked up the card and moved the ink around some and then took a medium flat paint brush and moved the ink some around the edges.  I love how it's white around some of the image, mainly up to around the flowers.  

Check out all of these sentiments!!  You really get your $$$ worth with this one I think.  I am going to leave this card as is because I think the recipient will want to frame it.  You can also emboss the sentiment on black cardstock with white embossing powder and cut it into a little strip and put across the vase.  Depending on the layout of your card, you can stamp the sentiment on the front and you don't even have to use the vase. It can be a loose bouquet of flowers.



Which one do you like the best?  

Please tag me on our groups if you try this technique.  I would love to see what you do.  If you would like to see me make something in particular, show how to do a technique, etc., just comment below and I'll certainly do it.  I don't know how to do everything but if you ask me to do something that I don't know, then I get to learn it too. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day. 

Regina




4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning and I want to try it too! Just can't seem to find time enough these days for all I want to accomplish!

Unknown said...

I like the one with the silver around the edges of the flowers. I'd like for you to show me how to do this.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous works of art!

Carol Maynard said...

B-E-A uuuutiful love it!