Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Why Am I Up At This Hour??

Have you ever been woken up abruptly and couldn't go back to sleep, from a storm, noise, etc.?  This happened to me this morning.  I heard the sound of broken glass and then the vacuum at 12:30am.  My husband was turning the lamp off and broke a glass container sitting on the table with a flame less candle in it.  UGH!  I don't know why I told you that.  I guess because it's on my mind since I'm typing this at 3am.

Do you like black and white?  Seems a lot of people do.  The color combo is so popular for many reasons.  It is perceived as being classy, modern, contemporary, etc.  I'm going to show you a few cards that I've made in the black and white colors.  I hope you like them.

This is the corner floral silhouette from Hero Arts.  Very clean and simple but fresh and beautiful.



This is a dragonfly from Stampabilities with a Swiss Dot embossed bottom half.  



Here's the same dragonfly from Stampabilities.  I embossed it in black all over the card for interest. 



Here's a close up of the embossed dragonflies: 



This is a different take on an Easter card.  I think it's cute, modern and classy.  
The Cross is from Stampin' Up. 



Well that's some examples of cards made in the ever popular black and white color combos.  
I think I'll go take a nap and then make some cards.  More later....

Thanks for stopping by ~ ~ ~








3 comments:

Giovana said...

Love the B/W combo Regina!! It's always very elegant and trendy at the same time. Glad you join the blogland world :)
Hugs!
Giovana

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great samples of B&W cards!! You were busy..

LOVE the photo picking up the embossing! Looks really nice as a close up for your card!!

Unknown said...

Black & white is so elegant! I missed that dragonfly card, it is BEAUTIFUL! (well they all are!)