Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hey everyone!  I hope you're having a great day.  I know my day will be much better because my air conditioner is fixed.  Happy Dance!  The bill was pretty reasonable too, if you can call a bill, reasonable.  He came at about 8:00 last night.  I had to be hot all day because he needed to put mulch down and plant some flowers in his yard.  I'm thinking, hello!, shouldn't I be a little more of a priority than that?  Anyway moving on.... I need to put a sweater on.  :)

Not to change the subject but what's up with gas being $4 a gallon??  My husband, Brett, and I were talking about this yesterday.  We were saying that it used to be .50 a gallon so what is the difference in gas then and gas now that it needs to be 400% more in price?  Hmmm, maybe it's the Executives didn't get millions of dollars in bonuses back then.  Why should we have to pay for that?

Okay, let's talk about cards.  I can't believe how relaxing it is to make cards.  I think of nothing else why I'm doing this, all of my problems seem to temporarily go away.  I think that's why I do this 18 hours a day.  lol

Yesterday I made a card for a color challenge using turquoise, yellow and a green color.  I used Gina K. Designs green apple card stock and the yellow is Lemon Drop.  I used copic markers to color the butterfly.   The beautiful butterfly set is also from Gina K.  I love this set!  The butterfly is huge and along with the awesome sentiment of 'believe in yourself', it really makes a statement.  A friend of mine said, 'can you make yourself this card and sign my name?' I thought that was funny!  Here's my card:




Everyone should 'believe in themselves'.  I know sometimes it's difficult but our self esteem should not be low when it comes to ourselves.  I think fear is the culprit of that don't you?  What would you do if you had no fears?  Interesting question....   

Well, that's it for now.  I hope everyone has a SUPER GREAT day, even though it's a Monday.  

Regina









4 comments:

930apples said...

That was great, hope you have a great day, so I can hear about it! I love you, Mom.

KCutberth said...

Blog looks great!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Welcome to Blog World! You are just rip roaring it! Congrats - I'll sign up for your email subscription too!


Oh yeah- GREAT CARD! :)

Unknown said...

That card is lovely and that butterfly is GORGEOUS! The color really POPS! Did you see how Gina used different color inks for that same sentiment? The BE YOU portions were one color and then the LIEVE IN RSELF was another, very striking.