Today I wanted to make something really bright, happy, cheery so I decided to play with a stencil from My Favorite Things called Wildflowers. Lately I've been busier than usual so it seems hard to find time to sit down and color and make a card with a bunch of masked flowers. The good thing about using this stencil and watercolor is that you don't have to mask. I used several Tim Holtz Distress Inks and sponged ink on the stencil, moving it around, using post it tape to cover parts I had already done. I completely covered some parts and some I skipped over some of the leaves, stems, etc, so as to not cover and make it look masked.
I used this stencil a couple years ago but there was space between the flowers. I like the look of them all bunched together, don't you?
Which way do you like best? This stencil is so versatile, I love it! I could've diluted this more with water but I liked the brightness.
Supplies Used Today's Card:
- Recollections 110# white card stock for base, Gina K Designs Sweet Mango card stock, Tim Holtz watercolor paper
- My Favorite Things Wildflowers Stencil
- Casual Friday Stamps, Pretty Posies (sentiment)
- Hero Arts Stamp and Die Set, Happy, for the embossed dots
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn
- Memento Ink, Dandelion
- Stampendous Detail Fine Gold Embossing Powder
- Paper Accents Vellum, Variety Assorted Pack (I used light yellow)
- Sponge Daubers
- Post It Tape
The stamp set used in the second card is from Technique Tuesday called Appreciated.
I hope you'll try this stencil, it's so much fun just to move it around and play.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!