Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Oxide Inks and Copic Markers - What A Pair!

Hi Everybody,

I have been having so much fun today!  It's about 90 degrees and humid so I'm in the house in the A/C playing with my Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I thought I loved the Distress Inks (and I do) but
OMGosh, these oxide inks are so easy to work with and so easy to blend that you can make a masterpiece without even trying.

I'll show one of them here today and I've got a couple others in the works.  I used 4 Oxide Inks and a few Copics....  The stamp set I used is from The Ton Stamps called Large Peony 1.  I'm in love with this large flower.  I also love the sentiments included.  They now have 5 of these Peony stamp sets.  If you love to color, check their site out.













All I did was tap out the pads on my craft mat, spritz several times with a little spray mister bottle and dabbed the watercolor paper in the ink where I wanted it.  I started with 2 colors.  I used Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper and dabbed it in 2 different colors.  I started with Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet and I used my heat gun.  Then you can turn your paper around and put colors on opposite of where they originally started, so put the pink where you originally put the purple, etc, or you can add more colors altogether.  So then I added the other 2 colors, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio just placing the paper over the inks and lightly rubbing or dabbing and heat set it and wow, I thought it looked so cool!  You really would have to just play and try this yourself to understand what I mean.  It's very easy and I can't wait to start making videos so I can show instead of tell lol. Basically just add ink until you like the look of it.

Then I stamped the large peony with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and I masked and put another flowers and 3 leaves.  I did have to stamp the flower 3 or 4 times since I used watercolor paper.  Then I took a few Copics and did a little shading, very little because you don't want to cover up the ink.  I'll list the colors I used below.  When you use Copics over this oxide ink, they blend so easily.  For example, on the leaves, I added BG15 and BG11, but just a little.  You don't even have to do this and it will still look great. I went around the entire thing with C3 Copic Marker.  I used a Spectrum Noir Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen in Clear on some of the center petals and around the edges of a few outside petals.  *Please note, I normally do not use Copics with watercolor paper/inks and I normally do not use Memento Black ink on watercolor paper but since the watercolor part of the background was finished, I could use this ink and Copics without worrying about it.

I stamped the greeting with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed with WOW Clear Embossing Powder to make it a little shiny.  Finally, a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh finishes it off.

I haven't seen one of my friends in about 3 months.  She always says, Hey Girl!  We live in Mississippi, everybody says Hey Girl so I knew I had to have this set because of that in addition to the awesome flower.  Her favorite color is pink so I know she will love it.  We meet for lunch about once a month or two so I want to tell her we need to do that soon in my card.

I hope you'll try these inks, they are so much fun and use your Copics with it and see what kind of a masterpiece you can make.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

Copics Used:  RV34, RV32 and then I went back and added R59 for a little darker shading.
V15, V01 and I used V17 for darker shading.  BG15 and BG11 on leaves







2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, so very beautiful! I love those colors. I have been tempted to buy some myself but I have so many ink pads now I just cannot see it happening for awhile. Unless I just buy a few sets.

Jackie said...

This is a very beautiful card. I love the color combinations. Thank you for sharing this technique.