Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Hello Lovely Thank You Card

Hi Everybody,

I love to color flowers.  Normally my stamp will be one flower, maybe three or to have more, I'll have to mask them.  Well, today my card shows a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Concord & 9th and I didn't even have to mask them all.  The stamp set is called Hello Lovely and it is just that, such a lovely set.  What I like about it is the gorgeous bouquet but also you can stamp out layered flowers for a watercolor effect, and the sentiments will fit any card, plus the cool splatter marks stamp is a bonus.



I actually did a little bit of masking with this card using post it tape to cover right along the edges of where I was going to be overlapping.  You can stamp this bouquet across your stamp, hang it off the side of your card in one or two places, do what I did here and stamp 2 bouquets together.  If you cut them right you can get 2 cards out of it as well.  Who doesn't love that right?






There is a lot going on in this card for sure but isn't it cool!  I used Zig Real Brush Watercolor Markers to color the flowers.  I did use a paintbrush and water because my water brush was putting out too much water.  I know it is quite vibrant but I wanted a bright, summery, happy result.  I embossed it with one of my most favorite embossing powders, Ranger Silver Pearl.  This is softer than white, it's so beautiful in real life.  I used Canson Montval watercolor paper, which I like to use with Zigs.  After I painted the background and everything dried, what did I do??  I threw water droplets on it lol.  I sprayed some water into my hand from my mister and dropped it out onto the card.  They came out a little bit larger than I wanted on the purple flower but I think it looks good.

That's the cool thing about working with water, you never know what you're going to get.  And, yes, I have to admit, I tend to use watercolors sometimes as I would Copics, which I kind of did here.  A different mentality is needed when watercoloring. Forget everything you know, loosen up and let the water do most of the work for you. I haven't fully give up control to the water yet, but I'm getting there. :)

We went out to dinner last weekend with some family on my husband's side and his Mom paid for it which was so generous.  I wanted to make her a beautiful thank you card and this is it.  I used Versafine Onyx Black to emboss the Thanks sentiment and I needed some filler around it and low and behold, they included a stamp in this set that was perfect, splatters!  You can use this on so many cards.  If you are not comfortable splattering black paint, gold paint, etc., on your cards, use this stamp (see the pic above, it's at the top in the middle, splatter dots).  I LOVE IT!  I embossed these using Stampendous Detail Fine Gold Embossing Powder.  I took little pieces of scotch tape and covered some of the dots where I wanted just a few from the stamp.  When you do this, use the tape to cover the parts (of any stamp) that you don't want to cover with ink, ink it up, then take the tape off, and stamp.  I used a gold metallic pen to put some little gold dots in the centers of the flowers to tie it all in together.  

You really get your $$$ worth out of this stamp set.  I've got some ideas that I'm going to be trying with the bouquet in the near future as well.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina




2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Regina, this is lovely. Great job on the flowers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the colorful flowers and the splotches of gold you added. Really a nice touch!