Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Winter Is For The Birds

Hi Everybody,

I think the stamp set I'm using on today's card is so cute!!!  It is by Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called For The Birds.  I don't usually make a lot of cards with birds on them, no particular reason why, but I can't seem to resist the birds on Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps stamp sets.  I used a bird set last week as a matter of fact called Season's Greetings.  If you would like to check out my blog post using that stamp set, HERE IS A LINK.  I made a cute shaker card with it. :)

It looks like this stamp set is currently 20% off so grab it while it's on sale!


It's Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps 10th Birthday Celebration.  You will get this Happy Stamp Set FREE with a $50 purchase.  You can use this alone or with another stamp set.  HERE'S A LINK to this set.











I used a Tim Holtz stencil called Holly Boughs.  I finally used my new Clarity Stencil Brushes that I bought a few months ago.  I had actually forgotten about them until today, when I was searching for something else and found them.  Shows you how organized I am right??  They give a softer look than the jumbo sponge dauber I usually use.  I tend to press too hard and go to fast with the sponge daubers but you can't really do that using these brushes.  You need to apply several layers of color because of the light touch it provides. I'm happy with them!  I used Memento New Sprout on the leaves and then went over it a little with Gina K Designs Jellybean Green. For the berries, I used Gina K Designs Dusty Rose ink. The paper that I used is Bristol Smooth Paper and for the bottom layer, I used Gina K Designs Kraft Cardstock.

I colored the tree branch and bird with Copic Markers and of course, I made the bird a Cardinal.  I lived in St. Louis 20 years so all birds will be Cardinals unless I do not have choice. Fussy cutting is not my favorite thing to do but I felt like it would look better to do it on this one. I added a little Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter Pen to the green in the scarf.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.

To finish it off I used some Brutus Monroe Bottlecap Sequins in Crystal. These sequins are magnificent I have to say.  I love how they are flat and have grooves.  The grooves create so much more shine. They were glued down securely with Brutus Monroe Glue.

I'll be using this stamp set in the future because I used a stencil to make a background that looks like a sweater so that one would be cute with this stamp set and I also made some simple watercolor backgrounds that would work as well.  I also like to use sets like this for after the first of the year as a New Year's type card. I think you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, love this sweet cardinal! Your card is adorable, Regina, from the beautiful stenciled background, to the colorful, cheerful little SNS bird! Thanks for sharing!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your bird is so adorable !!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are the cutest bird images. No wonder you couldn't resist. I love them too.

Brawny x said...

Very cute. Love the bird fab card x