Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Season's Greetings Shaker Card

Hi Everybody,

I am on the Sweet 'N Sassy Blog today using a stamp set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called Season's Greetings.  Currently, this stamp set is 20% off. 







Have you used the Gina K Designs Fancy Foils? Oh Emm Gee!  They are so much fun!  I used the Foilmates Background Ornamental Holiday pack with the stripes.  I also used the Holiday Colors Foil in Radiant Red and DecoFoil in Green.

I decided on making a shaker card for this one.  I stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed with Brutus Monroe Ultra Fine Icicle Embossing Powder.  I used Bristol Smooth Paper and colored with Zig Markers and put some Clear Wink of Stella over the top, nothing fancy here. I always try to use a Cardinal anytime I can because I lived in the St. Louis area for 20 years, need I say more?? For the snow part, I used Nuvo Gloss White and put a thick coat on.  I then tied some red and white bakers twine around the mailbox, so cute!

I used My Favorite Things Wide Circle Stitch Dies and cut out in a heavy white cardstock. For the clear part I used Fellowes Binder Covers.  They are the perfect weight for shaker cards and not expensive, 100 for around $20.  Can't beat that!  I didn't want to cover the beautiful striped foil so I cut circles from regular circle dies for the front and back.  I embossed the front clear window with a snowflake embossing folder. I filled the shaker window with red, green and silver sequins from my stash and some silver bugle beads for something a little different.

I stamped the greeting with the Versafine Onyx Black to make it really stand out from all the red and green I have going on here.  I used a fishtail banner die and cut a frame outline using Thermoweb Toner Paper and then foiled in Green. I just love how that green foil looks with the red and white.  To finish it off I used some Nuvo Red Berry drops around the window frame and each side of sentiment.  

I had a lot of fun making this card!  Did I inspire you to make some Christmas cards?  Foil is so much fun!  It can really jazz up anything you are doing.  You can't go wrong with birds and bird houses on your holiday cards. 

Thanks so much for stopping to see what I'm up to.  Have a great day!



Regina

3 comments:

TerriLynn said...

Ok, made me buy stamps. :) Gorgeous card! <3

Regina Cooper said...

Thank you TerriLynn! I would love to see what you create! Tag me. :)

Brawny x said...

Fabulous cardvx