Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Stenciled Oxide Ink on Smooth Black Cardstock

Hi Everybody,

I don't know about you, but I have a 'list' of techniques in addition to papers, paints, inks, etc., that I want to use and I'm just now getting to using Oxide Inks on black cardstock.  The look is so interesting, like velvet.  When I was growing up, I loved the paint by numbers paint sets and some were velvet.  Am I dating myself? lol 







I used a smooth black cardstock from Paper Temptress called Neenah Super Smooth Black.  The ink blended on this cardstock perfectly. I used Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans.  I used the jumbo sponge daubers with a Tim Holtz stencil called, Splashes and sponged it on, doing two layers.  Next I spritzed with water but I accidentally used the bottle of water I have with the Pearl Perfect Pearls mixed in.  I do love the result, so shimmery!  Sometimes my accidents turn into beauties, other times, not so much. :)

I used Gina K Designs Wilted Violet cardstock on bottom layer of card. I cut out a Hello word die from Honeybee Stamps, Gather Together set and inked it up with Wilted Violet to match background.  I cut out 3 or 4 to give it some dimension using Gina K Designs Heavy Base Weight White cardstock. This is the shadow part of the die. 

 Next I cut out the letters in Hello and decided to use the new WOW Embossing Glitter Powder called Persian Indigo since I had purple blue colors in the card. I used tweezers and carefully pressed into an embossing ink pad and then dipped into the glitter embossing powder and heat set, repeating 3-4 times to get really good coverage. 

I thought vellum would be the best way to adhere the Hello word die so I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out and I wrapped it around card layer and adhered it tightly.  I used a Zig Glue Pen to glue the word die shadow and letters. 

I think this card turned out so pretty!  I hope you'll try oxide inks on black cardstock if you haven't already.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

4 comments:

Cheryl Robertson said...

Beautiful! I also have a list of techniques to try. I’ll add this one to the list including the pearl mist. 😊

Lisa :) said...

Love this!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

The Oxides are so pretty on the black. I love this look. A

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Gorgeous and I bet the recipient wonders how you made this beauty!