Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

Amazing You

Hi Everybody,

I recently signed up for a few Altenew Academy classes and after each lesson there is homework so I'm going to try to work in at least one card a week from my lessons.  I'm currently taking a class on Backgrounds taught by Lydia Evans called Beyond Basic Backgrounds.  She is a fabulous teacher!  

I want to branch out and learn new ways to design my cards and I love making backgrounds so I'm really enjoying these lessons.  (I'm behind in my homework oops)





I love the colors that I used on this card.  This is one of the set of four mini ink cubes from Altenew called, Cool Summer Night.  These colors are light aqua to a beautiful teal.  Lydia used a stamp set in the lesson that I don't have so I chose Amazing You.  I chose three dies from the set and cut them out on a piece of cardstock about 3/4 of the way down and used that as stencil.  I inked the openings in the stencil dark at top and bottom and lighter toward the middle just using a jumbo sponge dauber.  I did two layers to blend the ink really well. Next I stamped the coordinating stamp in the stencil openings with Versamark Ink and embossed in white.

I love the sentiment that I used here.  I embossed it on a strip of vellum using Versafine Onyx Black Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder and then cut out with a My Favorite Things Die-Namics Interactive Oval Word Windows. I didn't use these dies as intended, I just used them to cut a strip for my sentiment. 

I'm really happy with how this card turned out.  I did something similar to this years ago but I didn't use a stencil back then (we didn't have all of these awesome coordinating dies several years ago!), I stamped and embossed over it making a background. 

Please stay tuned to more cards from my 'homework'.  I hope you'll check out the classes at Altenew Academy.  They're less than $10 and well worth the money.  There is a brand new class each month and I've noticed that usually a 20% off early bird specials is offered.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day.


Regina

1 comment: