Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Love Ya- TupeloDesignsLLC DT Project

Hi Everybody,

I know many of you have been using Penny Black stamps for years and here's my question... why haven't I??  Flower stamps are my favorite and Penny Black has beautiful, detailed ones that look amazing when doing watercolor techniques, which are so popular right now.  I don't have many solid stamps so I got a few from TupeloDesignsLLC online store to color them with markers, colorburst, etc., so that is what I did with my card today.  A few weeks ago I sponged Oxide Inks onto a Penny Black stamp and here's a link to that post







This card was so easy and quick to make.  I used my MISTI stamping tool and colored the stamp with Memento Markers (you can also use Tombow Markers).  You need to use some kind of paper that works with water.  I used Arches Hot Press 140# paper for this card.  You can also used Cold Press paper as well and here is a link to Arches Cold Press 140# Block Paper. I used Flower Lanterns stamp from Penny Black for this card. I colored each part of the stamp a couple of times, first coloring and stamping and then coloring again and spritzing with water.  I colored the stems with Desert Sand, the leaves with Bamboo Leaves and the flowers with LuLu Lavender first and then parts of the flower with the darker purple, Sweet Plum.  You can't mess this up! 

Next, I masked around the stamp with tape and sponged inside the tape, around the flowers with a very light yellow ink and cut the panel down.

Sometimes purples can be difficult to match so I sponged the Sweet Plum ink along the edges of white cardstock that shows on each side of the card.  I also cut out a Lawn Fawn Die called, Love Ya Line Border, with white cardstock and sponged over it as well with the Sweet Plum.  I went over it again with the matching marker.  So anytime you can't match ink to cardstock, remember you can use white and sponge ink or marker on it for a perfect match. :)

To finish it off, I used some clear confetti as embellishments to add some shine. 

You'll notice the ones in the first picture I stamped with the white backgrounds... I couldn't stop making these because they're fast and pretty.  I think these would make great cards from everything from hello, happy birthday to sympathy cards as well. 

I hope you'll check out all of the Penny Black stamps and products at TupeloDesignsLLC online store.  Remember, you get FREE SHIPPING with NO Minimum Purchase. Gotta Love That!  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina



1 comment:

Avra Williams said...

This is really pretty, Regina! I bet it's a nice "break" from the detailed coloring you're doing in your classes!