Pages

Friday, October 6, 2017

Candy Corn Treat Cup Card

Hi Everybody,

Do you like to make cute packaging for candy?  Do you give little treats at work or kid's school for Halloween, Valentine's, Christmas?  Well, the owner of The Cutting Cafe, Regina Easter, gave me some personalized ribbon and cellophane bags to use with my projects and I thought you might like the idea of the custom products to use with your goodies. 

I am using a file called Halloween and Fall Treat Cup Cards and I chose the Candy Corn Box of course.  I thought this box would be such a great idea to put candy corn in for my Mother in Law, who loves Halloween.  The personalized ribbon around the box is just a bonus that she will absolutely love to make it more special.



This is inside where there is a slider tab piece


I taped the window piece on the back down good with scor tape so the candy wouldn't fall out. 


I apologize for these next few pics being lighter than usual, I wanted you to be able to see the ribbon and cellophane bags, they were too dark at first.




There is an instructional video on how to put this box together. I watched it and it helped me a lot.  I just used 12x12 sheets of various Halloween papers that I got from a big box store years ago.  I used my Tombow Mono Adhesive Tape Runner on parts of the project and my Brutus Monroe Glue on others.  For the clear window part, I used Fellowes Binder Covers. 

I cut all the pieces out with my Silhouette, adhered pieces together per the video and then tied the custom ribbon around the box in a way that my name would show the best. I used the twist ties from bread to twist around the cellophane bags and then put a thin black satin ribbon around it and tied in a bow.  How cute would these be with your kid's names on them to hand out at school??  Just sayin'.... :)   The printed cellophane bags would be awesome as well for wedding goodies and also baby showers.  The possibilities go on and on.

HERE IS A LINK to The Cutting Cafe online shop.   You will see another link a few lines down where you click if you want custom clear polymer stamps, custom printed ribbon, etc.    I am actually going to contact Regina Easter about my updating the stamp I use on the back of my cards so if you need something like that, she can certainly help you.

Did I inspire you to make treat boxes for Halloween?  Who wouldn't want to be the recipient of one right?  It's a grown up way to get candy.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is soo cute!

Lori said...

Love these cards!

Regina Easter said...

hey girlie........i love love love your project this week....you did a great job in adding the ribbon to...thank you for all that you do for the cafe...hugs

Gail said...

I am so loving the cardstock you have used to create your Treat cup Card and the Ribbon - over the moon cool! Fabulous creation! Love it!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness!! That's such a cute treat bag !!