Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Super Friend

Hi everybody!

Do you have a Super Friend?  What I mean by that is a friend that is always there for you night or day but is also there for her other friends and family as well?  A friend that is so knowledgeable that there is nothing she cannot answer or do?  A friend that excels at everything she does, whether it is making cards, other crafts, sewing, cooking.....  I could go on and on but you get the picture... I respect this person so much for her talent, enthusiasm about making cards and about life in general, her positive attitude, her love for a challenge.  Her name is Crystal Lopez.  Please check out her blog called 8upscrapin and see her awesome talent. 

I made this card using stamps by C.C. Designs called Super Hero Twila and the buildings and sentiment are from another stamp set called Bam, Pow, Pop. Here's a link to Twila and the Bam, Pow, Pop set.




How cute is this card??  I used the 2 stars from the Bam, Pow, Pop set and just stamped around the edges of the card stock with Versamark and embossed with clear powder.  I also embossed the buildings.  I stamped with Versafine and embossed with clear powder.  







I used a star embossing folder from Paper Studio that I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I also embossed the sentiment in clear powder and just colored over it with one of my copics to match and sponged around the edge of that and the embossed background part in Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass ink.  It bothers me to leave a white edge. 

I used Gina K Designs card stock in Ocean Mist, Wild Orchid and heavy base white.  I am not sure if she still sells the Wild Orchid.  It says Limited Edition on the label.  I love this color!  Here is a link to Gina K Designs Shop.  Just click on card stock on the left side. 

I colored her with copics and used a little of the clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.  I also cut out a small 'C' in silver glitter vinyl as I know Crystal loves sparkle and bling. :)





For the inside of the card, I embossed the orchid card stock like I did on the front to tie it together.  I used Foil Cardstock and cut out stars.  I LOVE this sentiment.  It is from Stamping Bellas from the set called Seniorita Gladys.  I thought this sentiment was PERFECT for this card.  What do you think?


 
 There is also a little boy with a cape called Super Hero Henry.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  Thanks so much for stopping by and please check out Crystal's blog too.  


Regina


No comments: