Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tim Holtz Crazy Birds and Sympathy Card

Hi everybody!

Do you know what I love about making cards?  I don't think about ANYTHING else except what I'm working on... no bills, no personal issues, that I need to lose weight HA!  ETC.  So therapeutic! 

I made a couple of cards I would like to share with you.  I made an easy sympathy card that I hope doesn't look easy to the person but it was.  I used this butterfly embossing folder, embossed a Close To My Heart sentiment in silver and added some silver nail heads.  I like nail heads because they are flat and can easily be mailed.  I know this person loves purple so that is why I made it this color.  I thought the nail heads kind of coordinated with the little circles on the embossing folder as well.  Just an idea if you need an easy card of any kind, use an embossing folder that takes up almost the whole card and stamp sentiment.





On the flip side, do you love Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamps like I do??  They had to grow on me but I discovered that these are perfect for funny cards or for masculine cards.  I have also ordered the coordinating dies and there are two other stamp sets that coordinate as well that I ordered, Crazy Thoughts and Crazy Things.  Crazy Things are little stamps that you use with the birds such as hats, ties, presents, flag, Halloween and Christmas things so you can dress them up for different holidays. 

I used some shimmer watercolor paints to color this one.  I used stamps for the sentiments inside and out from Stamping Bella and I stamped the wine glass inside on the left side as a watermark. The wine glass stamp is from Gina K Designs.  This is for a male and he loves wine.  I think it is perfect.  What do you think? 





If you would like for me to link the stamps or supplies I use please let me know and I will be glad to do so. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Nice to see your wonderful cards again. Both are wonderful!