Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

A New Day Encouragement Card

Hi Everybody,

I want to share a card I made for someone going through a difficult time.  I hope this is an appropriate card for her situation.  

I used a WPlus9 stamp called A New Day.  





I decided to stamp with my Tim Holtz Oxide Inks.  I used Fossilized Amber for the background using an Impression Obsession stamp called Canvas.  I stamped the script words with Vintage Photo using a stamp from Heartfelt Creation called Large Elegant Words.  I used the heat gun because the ink was so wet. These oxide inks stamp really good!  I embossed the bird stamp using Versamark Ink and Zing Chestnut Embossing Powder.  

I made a bunch of these just playing around using regular card stock and watercolor papers.  This happens to be regular card stock. I used Zig Real Brush Markers to color the stamp.  I was surprised that they did pretty well on regular card stock because I always had used them on watercolor paper. 

I used a Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter pen on the bird's chest and the berries.  You can also put some Glossy Accents on the berries to give them lots of shine and dimension and can probably still see the glitter pen underneath, not sure.  I'll have to try that but that would look really pretty.  

When I stamped the sentiment with Versamark, I was brushing away a few stray powders and my hand rubbed off the part that says 'is a new day' so I put it a little lower in case I still had versarmark there.  You just put tape over the part you don't want to stamp, in this case, the word Tomorrow, and stamp with Versamark and then remove the tape and stamp on your card.  

This is such a lovely stamp and it is very inexpensive, around $5.  I hope I inspired you to make something beautiful today.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina



4 comments:

april said...

I love your card!!

Regina Cooper said...

Thank you April! This stamp was only about $5 too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous and perfect for sending an encouragement message.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful!