Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Oxide Ink Background for Christmas Card

Hi Everybody,

I have been somewhat MIA the last few days due to a knee issue but I'm back now.  I love this card that I'm showing you today.  I made an Oxide Ink background using Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple and Abandoned Coral.  These colors look really great together!  I did the smooshing technique where you put some ink down on your craft mat, spritz with water and 'smoosh' your watercolor cardstock into the ink.  I usually do it in two colors and use the heat gun for a few seconds. You may or may not need to dab with a paper towel. Then I'll dab it in another color or two and use heat gun again for a few seconds.  It's totally up to you because it will turn out different each time you do it so you just have to judge it for yourself to see when it looks right to you.  I love it when there is a little bit of white left. I took the spray bottle top off and flicked some water drops from the tube part of the sprayer.  You can use a paint brush as well.  You can also flick little spots of paint if you'd like. I used Bristol Smooth cardstock for this card. 







I used the stamp set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called Christmas Botanicals. This is a lovely stamp set and I think you can do so much with it since there are two different kinds of flowers and also separate pieces such as holly leaf, berries, etc.  I love the font for Merry Christmas too.  I stamped everything with Versamark Ink and embossed with Stampendous Detail Fine Gold Embossing Powder.  Even though the flowers and leaves were somewhat colored in when I stamped them on the Oxide Ink background, I colored in the poinsettias and leaves with Zig Markers.  I used a Gold Wink of Stella pen for the center and then went over the centers of the flowers and the berries with Glossy Accents for some added shine and dimension.  

That's it!  When you make an Oxide Ink background, half of your work is done for you!  Did I inspire you to make an Oxide Ink background and use your Christmas stamps on it?  I think this gives the stamps a totally different look than the traditional way that I usually do them. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina





2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Regina,- This Christmas card is really good!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very pretty!