Pages

Friday, October 20, 2017

Fishbowl Shaker Card

Hi Everybody,

I have been wanting to make this Fishbowl Shaker Card from The Cutting Cafe for 3 months.  I saw it when I first became a Design Team Member and I asked for it and bought some of the embellishments from the shop so I am excited to show you my creation.

When you get your file, it will have a picture showing the different pieces that you'll cut out for the card and it was very self explanatory.  I decided not to make mine a shaker card, I opted to use sand and glitter from the shop and I'll have links for those.







I used Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea Cardstock for the folding part of the card and the back of the fishbowl which I embellished with a Cuttlebug folder. The top and frame parts are Gina K Designs Denim Blue Cardstock, one of my favorite blues in cardstock.  I used Clear Cardstock from The Cutting Cafe Shop for the window part of the card.

I used Brutus Monroe Glue (you really need to try this) for the sand and glitter.  I laid down a slightly thick coat and sprinkled sand on top and then laid down a layer on top of the sand and sprinkled the glitter.  That glue dries so fast, do you see that they hardly even mixed together??  I used Beach Sand Confetti and Swimming Pool Glitter by Doodlebug from The Cutting Cafe Shop and the Fish Stickers are called Mini Doodle Pops Cardboard Stickers by Doodlebug. I used Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper pad to cut out the pieces inside the fishbowl, starfish, seaweed, etc. and added some detail with a black Prismacolor Pencil and white gel pen.

There are a few sentiments to choose from with this set as printables so I printed one of them but took off the 'from all of us' part, printed it and cut it out with a Gina Marie Stitched Banner Die and sponged lightly around it with Gina K Designs Turquoise Sea Ink to match the cardstock.

I finished it off by adding some dots with a Sigmo Uni-Ball White Gel Pen.  There is also an envelope file with this so I cut it out as well and used 1/4" Scor Tape to tape the sides.  This is optional of course.  I wish I would've added something to look like bubbles in the fishbowl in hindsight.

Seems like fish, fish scenes, fish bowls, the sea, etc, are popular right now so try this shaker card as a cute card for someone or even as something special to put on a shelf in your craft room.  You don't have to feed these fish. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design. I love the way you decorated it and I can see it would be a great one as a shaker as well.

Regina Easter said...

i am in awe of this shaker...the background paper is super stinking cute...you so rock...i have enjoyed your term on the team....will miss ya...big hugs

Gail said...

Totally fabulous card!! I have to get this file - I will be ordering that sand you talked about... I did order the clear cardstock which I will be using soon - TFS your fabulous art work Regina sister on the DT - have a blessed week! Gail

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Regina,
Love how fun and creative this little card is..Perfect for a toddlers Bday..Krista

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

Fabulous card Regina!!