Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cozy Coffee

Hi Everybody,

Coffee stamps are very popular right now so I am using this cute stamp set from Brutus Monroe called Cozy Coffee. I love the sweaters the coffee cups have on, as well as the sentiments and the font used.  I made this card for my Mother in Law who is in the hospital right now and she LOVES coffee, which is really probably an understatement. :)

















For the background I used the stencil called Jagged Heart.  I used a palette knife and spread Nuvo Mousse in Burnished Bronze over the openings in the stencil.  I love the shine and dimension from this mousse and it dries pretty quick as well, which is a huge plus for me because I do not like to wait to finish the card because of drying time.

I stamped the coffee cups with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with Copic Markers.  I used Fall colors because that is what my MIL likes, especially green, her favorite color. 

I cut a strip of clear vellum to go across the middle of the card adhering it with Stick It and placing coffee cups on the vellum staggered popped up with pop dots.

HERE'S A TIP:  Stick It will not show under vellum as long as you don't mess the sticky part up, like with your finger.  

The sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and cut out with a stitched oval die.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to go around the edges of the die and card stock the stencil was used on.  It bothers me to see light edges for some reason.

To finish it off I used some brown, glitter enamel dots and clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen on parts of the cup.

For the inside, I used another scalloped edge die and kraft card stock.  I stamped the sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa and the hearts with Memento Bamboo Leaves.  I stamped the hearts in green because that is my MIL's favorite color. 


Here's another version using patterned paper from Authentique. 






This stamp set is so much fun to color!  I hope you'll give it a 'shot' LOL, get it, shot?  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Regina



1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those sure are some cute cups you used on your card.